Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clowney to Seahawks

Sounds like it's a done deal.

They gave up garbage on the level of Agholor/Clement/3rd rounder. I know that he's just a rental, but imo it would have been worth it for expendable players and a mid-round pick.

Comment

I think by the package they got, they were looking for experienced pass rushers. And once he got to Philly, who are you going to sit? Plus I think Howie might have been a little gun shy to give up another 3rd rounder for a rental. Next year when Wentz’s 5th year salary kicks in at 22M, they’re going to have to hit on early round draft picks.

Comment

I think anyone besides the starters at DE could sit or could have been traded. Obviously the fact that they made a bad trade last year shouldn't affect future decisions, but a one-year Clowney rental would have been MUCH more valuable than an 8-game Tate rental, for a comparable price. Plus if he walks they get a 3rd in 2021.

I think they should have gone for it before they had to pay Wentz.

Comment

This team is already overpaying one overrated defensive end. No need to make it two. Seattle lost Clark so they can afford to roll the dice. Worse case scenario, Seatlle will end up with good draft pick compensation from losing both players.

Howie needs to continue to do what he did last offseason. Don't overpay for free agents, let people overpay for their free agents, and load up on the compensatory picks.

Comment

Just saw that Houston is paying half of Clowney’s salary. I guess there was a reason that a third plus garbage was all Houston got, but I would have been fine with $8 million for a year of Clowney, then getting a third round comp pick in 2021.

Bill O’Brien appears to be more in over his head than Chip Kelly was in 2015.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 09-01-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X