According to Bleacher Report....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Bleacher Report....

Iggs offered the Chargers Jordan Howard and a mid round pick swap for Melvin Gordon and the Chargers declined.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

I'm not surprised they declined. I like the aggressiveness from Howie though.

edit: thinking a little more...why would Gordon play for the Eagles without a new contract? Howie doesn't believe in paying RBs. This doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 09-04-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      Iggs offered the Chargers Jordan Howard and a mid round pick swap for Melvin Gordon and the Chargers declined.
      Good...they'll fold

Comment

That's why they offered so little. The Bolts are asking for a 1st and a 5th plus the new team would also have to pay him a whopping contract.

Comment

Is Gordon really much better than Howard? I don't know, I think Gordon is a little overrated. I'm actually excited to see what Howard will do with a change of scenery.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

DeMarco Murray 2.0

I hope this is not true. Gordon will most likely be another RB that will fade after getting a big contract. That list of overpaid chumps is long enough that I can't imagine Howie doesn't already know that. Gordon will eventually be overpaid and I hope Howie hasn't regressed as a competent GM. Let him be someone else's mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              I’ve read people getting worried that this is a knock on Sanders...hope not.

Comment

Hope this pisses off Howard and he goes off. Not sure how much of an upgrade Gordon is but he ain't worth the money he is looking for and I'm actually looking forward to having a strong back in the backfield this year so I'm happy this didn't go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  All I've heard is Sanders fellating, and how incredible he will be.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                    All I've heard is Sanders fellating, and how incredible he will be.
                    Yes, before this rumor...I heard the same

Comment

I could see it for a simple swap, but I think it would be hard to for the Chargers to give us Gordon for a conditional 7th if it means that we have to pay him.

Even if he would play absent a contract, it's hard for me to imagine Howie investing two picks in a one-year rental. I don't buy the rumor.

Edit: Just saw that the rumor involved the Chargers eating salary. That's a little more believable...no wonder they declined.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 09-04-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I’ve seen it all

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Now we have the perpetually frightened poster reporting on other fans being worried. This is some Wangnutian Inception shit right here.

Comment

Rotoworld link or it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            Even if he would play absent a contract, it's hard for me to imagine Howie investing two picks in a one-year rental.
                            I agree.
                            Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.

Comment

Gordon probably is a better pass catcher. But I'm with you. I think Howard will take over the Blount role.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X