Jimmy Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Butler

I sure wish we had less dogs like him and more cats.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Have to figure out a way to keep him. Damn what a game.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
      What a fucking game

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        Have to figure out a way to keep him. Damn what a game.
        Isn't the money already pre-determined? It's just a matter or if he wants to stay or not?

Comment

I remember when the He-Man Sixer Haters said in no way should he get a max deal. And to those people I say - FUCK YOU!
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            I remember when the He-Man Sixer Haters said in no way should he get a max deal. And to those people I say - FUCK YOU!
            It's a legit concern. He was invisible in game 1. But man, when he shows up, Christ is he good

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              Isn't the money already pre-determined? It's just a matter or if he wants to stay or not?
              Assuming he’s a max player...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                Assuming he’s a max player...
                And he is, so it is.

Comment

They coach him out of games. When they let him work it’s ON. I’ll take that type of player every single night win or lose. That is who I want representing this team.
                  Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                    It's a legit concern. He was invisible in game 1. But man, when he shows up, Christ is he good
                    SO IF HE ONLY SHOWS UP HALF THE TIME, THEN HE SHOULD GET HALF THE MAX DEAL, CORRECT?
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

No big deal.

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                      It’s going to be fine.

Comment

He showed up two out of six games in the playoffs so far. I'm not sure why he's being graded on a curve here.

Comment

I think you overlook his value on this team if you just look at the stat lines. He had 30 in game 1 against the Nets but his most important game that series was game 3 when they didn't have Embiid and needed to win. Similarly, Embiid had the bird flu or whatever last night and he stepped up. Needless to say, they lose last night without him.

When Embiid's in the lineup, that's your 30 point scorer.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This. When a lineup has as much star power as the Sixers', not everyone can fill up the stat sheet. Sometimes Jimmy will score 10 and play defense. That's fine.

Comment

I guess that's my point. Embiid is out and he still puts up a mediocre stat line. That's where he needs to step up for four quarters. Butler is good. Butler is not max money good. While it's no small task, I just hope Brand explores better options in free agency. If he strikes out, Butler will have to do. It won't be a horrible move. I just think he's a bit overrated.

As far as this team having too much star power, it's not like Simmons wants to shoot the ball. It's Embiid and everyone else including a shitty bench. Butler could (and should) get his. He's averaging 10 shots a game in five playoff games (I mistaken said he showed up 2 out of 6 games. It was actually 2 out of 7).

Comment

Working...
                              X