Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly could end up the most reviled coach in Eagles history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly could end up the most reviled coach in Eagles history.

Salary dumped the best running back, wide receiver and defensive end of the last five years.

He better win. So far he's only been Joelo's wet dream.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Herremans said it ... Kelly thinks that he can plug and play RBs and WRs.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He's certainly on a mission to prove you right.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Herremans said it ... Kelly thinks that he can plug and play RBs and WRs.
        I basically agree. The Duck fixation is what concerns me.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Salary dumped the best running back, wide receiver and defensive end of the last five years.

He better win. So far he's only been Joelo's wet dream.
          Of course none of them ever played in a super bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            He's certainly on a mission to prove you right.
            This move makes more sense than Jackson's release. I don't see why this should make fans that upset once we can get past the memories.

RBs, especially ones with lots of mileage, have low value and for what he was to be paid they got a possible key defensive player. If he wasn't a Duck with everything else the same I think people would be much more positive.

And McCoy showed signs of decline last year.

BGN noted in January :
            ---

Numbers: 791 snaps, 312 attempts, 1319 yards, 4.2 Y/A, 82.4 Y/G, 5 TD, 53 Long, 28 rec, 155 yards, 5.5 Y/R, 0 rec TD, 1474 yards from scrimmage, 5 total TD, 4 fumbles

Review: The volume numbers are impressive. McCoy finished fourth in the NFL in rushing yards. He broke the all-time Eagles rushing record previously held by Wilbert Montgomery late in the season. The problem is that the volume numbers don't tell the whole story. McCoy wasn't nearly as efficient in 2014 as he was in 2013. His 4.1 yards per carry ranked tied for 24, among the likes of Alfred Morris, Boobie Dixon, Shane Vereen, and Giovani Bernard.

While it's true that McCoy was negatively impacted by the injuries to the Eagles' offensive line, he also failed to make defenders miss. McCoy averaged 2.09 yards after first contact this season. That's a career low for him. The previous low was 2.10 in his rookie season. He wasn't nearly as elusive as he's been in the past.. McCoy finished 15th out of 18 running backs that have played at least 50% snaps in Pro Football Focus's "Elusive Rating", which boils down a runner's success beyond the point of being helped by his blockers. McCoy finished much higher in this rating in past years: sixth in 2013, sixth in 2012, seventh in 2011. PFF graded McCoy 55th out of 57 running backs that played a minimum of 25% offensive snaps in 2014.

McCoy's touchdowns took a dip due to the increased presence of Chris Polk as a goal-line back. McCoy's production as a receiver also took a major hit due to the addition of Darren Sproles.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...darren-sproles
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Analytic gobbledygook.

If Kelly and his Ducks don't make another playoff run, the fans are going to riot.

But Howie's got his back!

Comment

Analytic gobbledygook.

If Kelly and his Ducks don't make another playoff run, the fans are going to riot.

But Howie's got his back!
                Obviously if they don't succeed fans will be upset. Is that non-analytic analysis?

McCoy was expensive and aging to the point of significant decline for a RB. Even if Alonso isn't the player he was before there is value in replacing an aging, overpriced player.
                Last edited by TerpEagle; 03-03-2015, 11:09 PM. Reason: stupid tablet
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                  Obviously if they don't succeed fans will be upset.
                  More than upset. We're talking the new Kotite.

Comment

myths mcclane said...on twitter, "eagles player after chip got power in jan 'you'll be seeing 53 oregon ducks and navy practices'".

and players are posting the kermit drinking tea meme on twitter.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

More than upset. We're talking the new Kotite.
                      I don't think Shady will be the linchpin of the Eagles succeeding in 2015. It'll be the defense and QB.

Blaming this trade would just be assigning a scapegoat because Shady is a fan favorite.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Ludicrous statement

It's not like he inherited a superbowl contender team and blew it apart. He inherited crapola, made it work but not nearly good enough to win the SB so now he's making changes. If it doesn't work out, he goes back to college and not by any stretch of the imagination will he be the "most reviled coach in history". Laughable!
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                          myths mcclane said...on twitter, "eagles player after chip got power in jan 'you'll be seeing 53 oregon ducks and navy practices'".

and players are posting the kermit drinking tea meme on twitter.
                          Who else besides herremans?
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Shady, DJax, Cole, Herremans ... so far. I expect more to come.

But he's added plenty of Ducks.

Comment

You buy into the Oregon strategy?

Comment

Working...
                              X