Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clement should get 25 touches

assuming he's healthy
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Originally posted by slag View Post
    assuming he's healthy
    He can play some.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I was going to make a thread.. The offense looks better when he's playing.

Comment

That screen to the left was vintage Duce, great vision and worked with the blockers. They need more of that.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Personally I'd prefer him to get like 15-20, someone they bring in to get 10-15 and Smallwood to get 5-7.

Part of Clement's effectiveness so far has been how sparingly they've used him and how fresh he's been when he comes in. The more we can spread the touches around and keep all the guys fresh, the better, IMO.

Now, if Clement or someone they trade for are absolutely feeling it, sure, keep feeding that guy, but if theyre all performing about the same, a nice rotation like they had during the Super Bowl run last year is ideal. We don't have a Saquon, Gurley or Bell (yet?) so no need to wear one specific guy down.

Comment

I like Clement but I agree that he's not a workhorse. I see him maybe like a young Buckhalter. He would have been great in tandem with Ajayi, but that got derailed.

I think they'll bring someone in. 10-15 for Clement, 10-15 for someone else, and then 5-7 for the third back seems realistic.

Comment

Disagree ... I think he's a bell cow.

Comment

I'd like to see him get a shot in this role. He can be pretty explosive.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

25 may be pushing it but I'd like to see 18-20

Comment

I'd be surprised if a UDFA were built for the number of touches that Todd Gurley and Le'veon Bell get. We'll see what they do but I think adding a guy and going with a rotation might be the right move.

Comment

Jason Peters was a UDFA

Comment

Not really a good comparison because OTs play on every down. Unless you have a back like Bell or Gurley it seems better to go with a rotation and keep guys fresh.

Comment

Huh?

A UDFA making it as a Hall of Fame every down player makes an even better argument that Clement can handle the load.

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, draft status as a measure of ability to handle volume of play is silly from the get go if a player has the talent ... which is what I should have written from the beginning.
                          Last edited by slag; 10-12-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

PS

Clement averaged 24 carries his senior year at Wisconsin, 4.4 a carry ... 15 tds.

Comment

no it doesn't. and citing his averages in college is even sillier. just look at his college play and compare it to saquon's. do you see any resemblance?

if corey clement ends up being one of the greatest UDFAs of all time, as peters has, awesome. i like him, but i think there's a reason that pederson said his role wasn't going to change much going into 2018. i don't think he compares to barkley, zeke, gurley...the guys who see 300+ touches. now if you team him up with shady or trevin coleman...that could be very effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X