• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Shefter: eagles freed up $6.5m in space redoing Cox deal

But no plans to trade for Bell

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...000924160?s=21

Wink wink.....here we go

Comment

Exactly...then why do it after the 5th game of the season?

Maybe it’s not for Bell. I’d love to see Shady back as well.

Comment

David Johnson’s name coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Wow!!

Comment

Important to note the restructured contract also freed up another $11.7 million for next year.. Howie has something in the works.. I have heard Johnson, bell and McCoy so far but Johnson is the hit rumor just don't know why AZ would give him up

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              One would have to believe some move is in the works. Hopefully it is the correct one.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

They're rebuilding. If they can get an extra 2nd for him and get out of his contract extension Id say they probably would do it. With Bell, the Steelers want a draft pick AND a player plus the Eagles would have to pay him 9+M for the balance of this year. Pretty expensive for a player who is not guaranteed on re-signing with the Eagles after the season.

Comment

Yeah not interested in a Bell one year rental unless it’s pennies on the dollar. What week did we get AJ?
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I can’t see Bell. I could see Marshawn Lynch though if he’d be willing to come here. Oakland is shit and a pick would be of value.

I believe we (they) tried to get McCoy back on the cheap though. Probably tried leveraging his ex girlfriend robbery/assault to low ball buffalo. Likely told to F off.

I could see a deal happening next week or so after somebody decides to give up players for picks and rebuild. Marshawn Lynch may want to try for one more ring before hanging it up. That’s not happenignin oakland. Would he leave home for another shot? I hope so
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-09-2018, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Why would anyone trade for bell if they’re not giving him huge extension? He won’t sell out for you. Why would he? I wouldn’t. Pay me first.

He would want to stay healthy for his next contract. Why risk serious injury for a rental team?

Look at Darby. He’s perfect example of self preservation looking towards his next 2019 deal.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-09-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Marshawn Lynch almost retired but came back just to play in Oakland.

Comment

he did. but, they're losing and losing gets old fast.

making 1 last run at a ring might be higher on his priority list than finishing his last season in front of the hometown.
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-09-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I'm going to make up my own rumor. Tevin Coleman is on a contract year and Ito Smith could still back up Devonta Freeman.

Comment

Working...
                            X