Should have kept Blount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should have kept Blount

I thought he ran well last year. Liked his anger too.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

DAMN SKIPPITY. HE WENT FROM 2.5 MIL TO 4.5 MIL. COULD HAVE GIVEN THAT TO HIM WITH BLINKING AN EYE.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Could they get him back?

Comment

releasing him and catering to get Sproles back was head scratching. And I'm a big Sproles fluffer. Blount got us a lot of tough yards last year.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Ugggggggggggh!

i know I know the money
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Sproles and Peters were Phillies-esq, sentimental mistakes.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              I tend to agree.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Happy to see the old guys get rewarded, but Pat Kirwan always says it's better to be a year early getting rid of guys than a year late.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I was really surprised that both of those guys made the team. I don't think Sproles really kept Blount from coming back as Detroit overpaid for him and his 2.5 yards per carry. But I'm really surprised they were counting on Sproles for anything besides returns. The offense was better after he went down last year anyway.

Comment

not sure I agree

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    Peters was playing at an all-pro form last season. If you include the ACL recovery, I could see that being problematic, but IIRC, the difference between his cap hit when released and kept on the team wasn't that significant relative to the cost of adding other depth.

Sproles was suppose to be an extra weapon added to Ajayi and Clement

Comment

How do I uncover my old posts...I said that as soon as he left and I was told I was crazy!

Comment

GO LOOK FOR IT, BUT A LOT OF US SAID IT WAS CRAZY TO LET HIM WALK.

WE TRUSTED IN HOWIE SINCE HE HELPED BRING US LAST YEAR.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Yup!!

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            Peters was playing at an all-pro form last season. If you include the ACL recovery, I could see that being problematic, but IIRC, the difference between his cap hit when released and kept on the team wasn't that significant relative to the cost of adding other depth.

Sproles was suppose to be an extra weapon added to Ajayi and Clement
                            Yeah, they would have saved $4 million if they'd cut Peters. I definitely wondered if they'd do it. But I think that as well as they fared with Big V playing LT, that was really because they masked him. There's a reason that Kendricks was telling the Browns D that Big V struggled with his footwork. I know not everyone trusts, PFF, but according to this article the dropoff from Peters to Big V was pretty dramatic last year:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ne-of-the-year

And agreed on Sproles. I will say it was a head scratcher that they used him so often in the opener this year. He would have been fine as an extra if Clement and Ajayi were healthy. Now none of those guys are healthy.

Comment

Working...
                            X