Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone catch me up. Why are we fighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because you’re a lawyer means you’re rich?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Elect a clown

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
      Exactly he’s done everything with reckless abandonment his whole life - what did we expect?

What’s ironic is that Donny’s huge ego is probably going to land his silly ass in jail... couldn’t happen to a finer “person” in my opinion.
      expect a circus.
      DB

Comment

Because anyone who disagrees with me

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Are the Reps mad at the Dems for showing respect for someone they didn't like when he ran for president?

Or are the Dems mad at the Dems for showing respect for a Rep?

Or do we really just hate respect?
        is not only wrong, but is an anti American shithead who is essentially a traitor and should be locked up, impeached, and fed dog food.

I think I've got it right, no matter what side of the fence you stand on.
        DB

Comment

Do you think lawyers are nicely dispersed across our economic strata and it reflects our populace?

Come on man...

I have nothing at all against lawyers by the way. My only point is that our government needs diversity in this sense.

Comment

Do you think the average Joe is a better choice? I don’t. I’d rather someone who has devoted their life to knowing the rules be the one making and enforcing them.

I also think that there are some folks on this board that would love to have the status you are giving them.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Average Joe? Like Joe Sixpack?

I’m advocating thoughtful, intelligent people from diverse vocations... charity organizations, banking, education, manufacturing, tech, small business... blah blah blah.

It really doesn’t matter though. It will always be like you like it, predominately lawyers.

Comment

I think what is needed more than anything is youth. Look at the special election in PA. I'd be interested to see what Dev and anyone else from that area thinks of Connor Lamb. Military/legal background, and only 34. I think that's the kind of person we want succeeding in politics right now.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Asshole Limbaugh goes way back in the 80’s and I agree about the genesis of intense visceral in politics.

... and it’s opened up a can of worms... to a bunch of clamoring, whining Edith Bunkers.

Comment

Honestly a young 34 year old lawyer is really nothing new, but that’s just my opinion.

A youth movement could happen though and I can foresee your generation and younger unwilling to take on the burden of past generations.

Look at the efforts to skirt around traditional ways and power structures now... bypassing cable tv, Bitcoin and other forms of currency, etc. I’m just think out loud here, but I see a generation that resents and dislikes the status quo because it traditionally hasn’t benefited them.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                      The blame lies at the feet of Rush Limbaugh and Roger Aisles. Were it not for the toxic impact of conservative talk radio and Fox "News" this nation would not be nearly as divided.

The issue today is that Republicans, especially rabid Trump fanboys and fangirls, view liberals as enemies rather than fellow citizens deserving of respect, or at least tolerance.
                      Just putting this here as it seems to counter your belief. Not saying what is true just putting it out there:

http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/...y/#interactive

Comment

According to that animated graph, I see Republicans strongly pulling back to conservatism at the start of Bush’s second term (right after the hanging chads and victory over Gore). It strongly continues once Obama is elected and then you see Democrats counter this and pull back. The graph ended in 2014. I can only imagine how divided it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                          Do you think lawyers are nicely dispersed across our economic strata and it reflects our populace?

Come on man...

I have nothing at all against lawyers by the way. My only point is that our government needs diversity in this sense.
                          Hoover was a mining engineer.
                          Truman was a farmer.
                          Eisenhower was a general.
                          JFK was journalist.
                          Carter was a farmer.
                          Reagan was an actor.
                          W was a businessman.

I'm not seeing any pattern to success by occupation.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I’m giving up on the topic all together, but 26 of 45 Presidents have been lawyers.

What we really need is more left-handed Presidents. Only 8 have been left-handed...
                            Barack Obama
                            James Garfield
                            Herbert Hoover
                            Henry Truman
                            Gerald Ford
                            Ronald Reagan
                            George H.W. Bush
                            Bill Clinton
                            Establishing left-handedness in people who lived prior to the 20th century is difficult, because back then, left-handedness was considered a disability and children were forced out of the habit, so there may have been others. While just 10 percent of the population is left-handed, six of the last 12 presidents have been...

-cut and pasted from wiki.

Comment

I’m giving up on the topic all together.
                              Good idea because you've established no connection between presidential performance and their prior profession.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

According to that animated graph, I see Republicans strongly pulling back to conservatism at the start of Bush’s second term (right after the hanging chads and victory over Gore). It strongly continues once Obama is elected and then you see Democrats counter this and pull back. The graph ended in 2014. I can only imagine how divided it is now.
                                If you look more closely and read the article you will find that is simply not an accurate assessment.

Comment

Working...
                                X