Sidney Jones blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I hated the pick because achilles tears are the most difficult injury to recover from for a speed position player, AND because he provided no immediate benefit. I want to draft players with the potential to contribute on rookie contacts right away, not a guy who's going to be an automatic write-off for the first quarter of his deal. That's just a reality of the cap era. You want as many productive, cost-controlled players as you can get your hands on.

But once he's on the team, you root for him, hope you were wrong and hope for the best. That's what a lot of us did after he was drafted. And now, we've all seen enough. He's slow and hesitant, and his confidence is shot to hell. He never recovered from the achilles tear, and he most likely never will. The reality is, post-injury, he was never worth more than a 3rd or 4th round flier. I kind of feel bad for the kid. It's not his fault Joe Douglas never bothered to look at the history and impact of achilles tears on speed position players. It was a classic overdraft by a bunch of guys who wanted to hear the press singing their praises for getting "great value". Typical smarter-than-you FO bullshit. We've been seeing it for years.
    Fully agreed with all written above.i will give you that.

Comment

Working...
    X