Starting To Look Like Colangelo Might Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting To Look Like Colangelo Might Stay

Per Woj, the Sixers owners met in NYC last night (one whole week after this all came out) and discussed what to do FOR HOURS. A week later and they're still unsure.

Jon Johnson is reporting that the owners are holding out hope they can keep him because they don't want to have to look for another GM and that behind the scenes the biggest snake of them all, Papa Jerry, is using the "I stepped in and saved you from Hinkie, you owe me" card.

If they keep this fucker, I might be out. Biggest offseason in team history, with the best non-Wilt player of all time considering signing with you, plus a lottery pick in hand and they're doing mental gymnastics to keep an average AT BEST GM who has no credibility left and the entire fanbase hates.

I hope Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Fultz, Covington, TJ and any future draft pick requests a trade. I hope they move the team to Jersey. I hope Fanatics' stock completely tanks. I hope Harris' shady deals with Kushner somehow involve Russia and he gets prosecuted for treason.

Edit to add: Jon Johnson is not necessarily the most reliable of reporters, so, this could all be an overreaction to erroneous reports but, I also wouldn't put it past these maroons that own the team to keep him to make Jerry and Silver happy.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 06-06-2018, 09:34 AM.

I think RSE was correct in another thread that they are paying a lot of money to Paul Weiss to do whatever investigation they are doing and probably won't have any decision until PW is done billing, I mean, investigating. So it is probably all conjecture still. I've read conflicting reports.

I'm with you though. I don't see any way you keep him even if he didn't know his wife was tweeting (which I personally find hard to believe given some of the things we know). Jerry may have saved the NBA from further "embarrassment" but he didn't save the Sixers from anything. His son has been a downgrade.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

If he stays you can stick a fork in the process, it's done. No way can they do that. It's Organizational suicide. Embiid could demand to be traded and God knows if Simmons would stay on top of not having one free agent sign here.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        If he stays you can stick a fork in the process, it's done.
        I hate to sound like a broken record but the process ended once Hinkie left. This bum is not doing anything close to what this team needs to do to complete the process. If Hinkie was still here, we would be talking about what player we need to target in the draft. He would have used the Kings draft pick to leverage a move if they needed to move up and grab a player. Let's not forget that he was getting first-rounders for bad contracts and not trading assets for complete garbage. Those days are over.

That being said, I still think they flush this turd. Unfortunately, I have no faith Harris/Silver replaces him with a candidate that's any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          Per Woj, the Sixers owners met in NYC last night (one whole week after this all came out) and discussed what to do FOR HOURS. A week later and they're still unsure.

Jon Johnson is reporting that the owners are holding out hope they can keep him because they don't want to have to look for another GM and that behind the scenes the biggest snake of them all, Papa Jerry, is using the "I stepped in and saved you from Hinkie, you owe me" card.

If they keep this fucker, I might be out. Biggest offseason in team history, with the best non-Wilt player of all time considering signing with you, plus a lottery pick in hand and they're doing mental gymnastics to keep an average AT BEST GM who has no credibility left and the entire fanbase hates.

I hope Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Fultz, Covington, TJ and any future draft pick requests a trade. I hope they move the team to Jersey. I hope Fanatics' stock completely tanks. I hope Harris' shady deals with Kushner somehow involve Russia and he gets prosecuted for treason.

Edit to add: Jon Johnson is not necessarily the most reliable of reporters, so, this could all be an overreaction to erroneous reports but, I also wouldn't put it past these maroons that own the team to keep him to make Jerry and Silver happy.

This franchise could screw anything up. I really hope this is false.

Comment

Bodner has an article on the Athletic today about how some of the burner accounts "liked" tweets about certain Sixers draft prospects. So the burner accounts are potentially revealing the Sixers thought process, etc. You can't have that. Again, whether it was Colangelo or his wife. It's just kind of ridiculous to think that any ownership group would find a way to be ok with that.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He also mentioned how one of the accounts linked to Colangelo, the s_bonhams one (which some believe was Jerry) had a tweet that said Brett Brown's insecurities led to a bad working relationship with Mike D'Antoni.

Keith Pompey is reporting that the Sixers had a workout with Grayson Allen today and that Colangelo was in attendance. Is that a case of "he's the GM until he's not so he has to go about his business" or is it "we're keeping him and he's back to regularly scheduled work"

Comment

I have to believe that the owners have gone to Embiid and Simmons and maybe Fultz and asked them how they feel about Colangelo staying. Wouldn’t be surprised if the players were ok with it knowing they effectively have his balls in a vise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  He also mentioned how one of the accounts linked to Colangelo, the s_bonhams one (which some believe was Jerry) had a tweet that said Brett Brown's insecurities led to a bad working relationship with Mike D'Antoni.

Keith Pompey is reporting that the Sixers had a workout with Grayson Allen today and that Colangelo was in attendance. Is that a case of "he's the GM until he's not so he has to go about his business" or is it "we're keeping him and he's back to regularly scheduled work"
                  The fact that he isn't on a type of paid leave in the interim is a giant fuck up. If it's his wife, he's got to go. It's sort of a tough situation, but if you can't control your woman, and she causes massive damage to a business like that where public image is really important, you are out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                    The fact that he isn't on a type of paid leave in the interim is a giant fuck up. If it's his wife, he's got to go. It's sort of a tough situation, but if you can't control your woman, and she causes massive damage to a business like that where public image is really important, you are out as well.
                    He’s not...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph....co/7ouSJ9CvSs

Comment

Did it specifically mention who they were interested in? Just curious.

I find it odd that I have yet to hear an outside person come out and admit it was their account. If it's not a Colangelo (specifically the wife), I will be shocked. It's sad that we are even having this type of discussion.

Comment

SVU would have figured out whose account it was by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          Did it specifically mention who they were interested in? Just curious.

I find it odd that I have yet to hear an outside person come out and admit it was their account. If it's not a Colangelo (specifically the wife), I will be shocked. It's sad that we are even having this type of discussion.
                          There were multiple tweets about Miles and/or Mikal Bridges being drafted by the Sixers that one of his burner's liked. Granted, every mock draft out there has had one of the Bridges connected to the Sixers, but it would be nice for the GM to not completely tip his hand...and not be the GM anymore too but that's wishful thinking I guess.

Comment

Sixers believe he didn’t know??

Hahahahaha, this org is a JOKE!!

https://www.libertyballers.com/2018/...source=twitter

Comment

They should have hired Saul Goodman.

He would have nailed it down by now.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X