Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs to release Curry

Per Caplan

Assuming Graham is gone...bring him back?

I'd consider it if he was willing to play for free.

Comment

yeah

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      I'd consider it if he was willing to play for free.
      Curry is actually only 2 months younger than BG. Not sure what the market is for BG, but the only way Curry returns is on a lowball deal to be a rotational (4th-ish?) DE. He should get more than that elsewhere.

Comment

He did a great job of the setting the edge

guy is not a pass rushing DE,,,if he comes on the cheap.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

He's this generation's Mamula. "ALMOST got him..."

Pass.
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Please don't let this be

the beginning of a never-ending stream of "Hey, XXXXXX was released. Should the Eagles sign him?" threads.

Hard pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              the beginning of a never-ending stream of "Hey, XXXXXX was released. Should the Eagles sign him?" threads.

Hard pass.
              It’s already begun. Last week was Barwin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                It’s already begun. Last week was Barwin.
                Curry is younger and was a part of the SB team. Barwin was nothing of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  Curry is younger and was a part of the SB team. Barwin was nothing of the sort.
                  They both have one thing in common. They won’t be playing for the Eagles in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    Curry is actually only 2 months younger than BG. Not sure what the market is for BG, but the only way Curry returns is on a lowball deal to be a rotational (4th-ish?) DE. He should get more than that elsewhere.
                    I'm not sure he'll get offered very much. He was never worth his last deal, and was just cut for the second time in two years. With the uncertainty behind Bennett and Long, I would consider bringing back Curry. The thing is age is already a concern at DE, so any deal would probably have to happen after the draft.

I'm not clamoring for it to happen but it's not unrealistic.

Comment

I think we may see a change

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      I'm not sure he'll get offered very much. He was never worth his last deal, and was just cut for the second time in two years. With the uncertainty behind Bennett and Long, I would consider bringing back Curry. The thing is age is already a concern at DE, so any deal would probably have to happen after the draft.

I'm not clamoring for it to happen but it's not unrealistic.
                      from the "bring in a bunch of old guys" strategy.

Corey Graham, Ngata, Wallace, and Sproles (with the exception of his late-season spurt) were ineffective.

The place I could see them going the aging vet route may be at LB to replace Hicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Per Caplan

Assuming Graham is gone...bring him back?
                        Incentive based contract only

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          from the "bring in a bunch of old guys" strategy.

Corey Graham, Ngata, Wallace, and Sproles (with the exception of his late-season spurt) were ineffective.

The place I could see them going the aging vet route may be at LB to replace Hicks.
                          I don't think that necessarily was the strategy. At the same time, Long, Blount, Patrick Robinson, Torrey Smith, and Corey Graham were effective in 2017...so bringing in veteran free agents can work.

I think Curry would be fine as a 4th DE if they don't end up drafting anyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X