IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
Ground_Meat
 
Ground_Meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: .
Posts:
Ground_Meat
Default Bucs to release Curry

Per Caplan



Assuming Graham is gone...bring him back?
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 09:59 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post "Bucs to release Curry"
#2
Snakebitten
 
Snakebitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: City of Champions
Posts:
Snakebitten is on a distinguished road
Default

I'd consider it if he was willing to play for free.
Snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 10:10 AM  
Posted in reply to Snakebitten's post starting "I'd consider it if he was willing to..."
#3
JuTMSY4
 
JuTMSY4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Right side of the Delaware
Posts:
JuTMSY4 is on a distinguished road
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebitten View Post
I'd consider it if he was willing to play for free.
Curry is actually only 2 months younger than BG. Not sure what the market is for BG, but the only way Curry returns is on a lowball deal to be a rotational (4th-ish?) DE. He should get more than that elsewhere.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 12:16 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post "Bucs to release Curry"
#4
TRENT
 
TRENT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Trenton/ Jackson, NJ, Good Old USA.
Posts:
TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default He did a great job of the setting the edge

guy is not a pass rushing DE,,,if he comes on the cheap.
__________________
OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
"BFTR"
TRENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #5
Corkey_for_President
 
Corkey_for_President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .
Posts:
Corkey_for_President
Default

He's this generation's Mamula. "ALMOST got him..."

Pass.
__________________
WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!
Corkey_for_President is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 04:42 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post "Bucs to release Curry"
#6
Pete
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
Pete
Default Please don't let this be

the beginning of a never-ending stream of "Hey, XXXXXX was released. Should the Eagles sign him?" threads.

Hard pass.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 05:25 PM  
Posted in reply to Pete's post "Please don't let this be"
#7
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
the beginning of a never-ending stream of "Hey, XXXXXX was released. Should the Eagles sign him?" threads.

Hard pass.
Itís already begun. Last week was Barwin.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 05:41 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Itís already begun. Last week was..."
#8
Ground_Meat
 
Ground_Meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: .
Posts:
Ground_Meat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
Itís already begun. Last week was Barwin.
Curry is younger and was a part of the SB team. Barwin was nothing of the sort.
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 06:02 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Curry is younger and was a part of the..."
#9
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Curry is younger and was a part of the SB team. Barwin was nothing of the sort.
They both have one thing in common. They wonít be playing for the Eagles in 2019.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 06:21 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "yeah"
#10
art vandelay
de Madrid
 
art vandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NC
Posts:
art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
Curry is actually only 2 months younger than BG. Not sure what the market is for BG, but the only way Curry returns is on a lowball deal to be a rotational (4th-ish?) DE. He should get more than that elsewhere.
I'm not sure he'll get offered very much. He was never worth his last deal, and was just cut for the second time in two years. With the uncertainty behind Bennett and Long, I would consider bringing back Curry. The thing is age is already a concern at DE, so any deal would probably have to happen after the draft.

I'm not clamoring for it to happen but it's not unrealistic.
__________________
"I want to become dangerous. In all aspects of life. As a father. As a man. As a fiancť to my gal. As a man.''

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 07:34 PM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "I'm not sure he'll get offered very..."
#11
Pete
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
Pete
Default I think we may see a change

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I'm not sure he'll get offered very much. He was never worth his last deal, and was just cut for the second time in two years. With the uncertainty behind Bennett and Long, I would consider bringing back Curry. The thing is age is already a concern at DE, so any deal would probably have to happen after the draft.

I'm not clamoring for it to happen but it's not unrealistic.
from the "bring in a bunch of old guys" strategy.

Corey Graham, Ngata, Wallace, and Sproles (with the exception of his late-season spurt) were ineffective.

The place I could see them going the aging vet route may be at LB to replace Hicks.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 07:41 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post "Bucs to release Curry"
#12
thegodfather
 
thegodfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts:
thegodfather is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Per Caplan



Assuming Graham is gone...bring him back?
Incentive based contract only
thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 09:39 PM  
Posted in reply to Pete's post "I think we may see a change"
#13
art vandelay
de Madrid
 
art vandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NC
Posts:
art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
from the "bring in a bunch of old guys" strategy.

Corey Graham, Ngata, Wallace, and Sproles (with the exception of his late-season spurt) were ineffective.

The place I could see them going the aging vet route may be at LB to replace Hicks.
I don't think that necessarily was the strategy. At the same time, Long, Blount, Patrick Robinson, Torrey Smith, and Corey Graham were effective in 2017...so bringing in veteran free agents can work.

I think Curry would be fine as a 4th DE if they don't end up drafting anyone.
__________________
"I want to become dangerous. In all aspects of life. As a father. As a man. As a fiancť to my gal. As a man.''

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Post Contents are owned by the posters. Use the "Contact Us" link to contact us for administrative issues. Original Artwork and other content copyright 2000-2007 by Raptor (mostly) and/or IGGLEPHANS