Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fire Schwartz"

Yeah I bet.

Yeah that movement has to be over. Groh will probably stick around next year too.

Comment

Because Parkey doinked the upright?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        No, because they have won four straight playoff games with him guiding the defense.

He is here to stay.
        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 01-07-2019, 12:46 AM.

Comment

No, because even if Parkey had made that kick the defense's performance would have been good enough to win.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 01-07-2019, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Hes got this defense made up of a practice squad secondary into the divisional round you dolt.

Comment

He’s trash. Let him take another job next year. Short term memories I see.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                He’s trash. Let him take another job next year. Short term memories I see.
                He isn’t getting another job anywhere else and he never was. He was always coming back.
                Last edited by broadstreetparade; 01-07-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Disagree ... if Parkey made that kick (which he should have) it would have been a defense that lost late by giving up a 25 yard pass (despite the completion only coming because Trubisky dropped a dime into that universally board-hated no-blitz zone).

And, in that event, I am exceedingly confident this thread wouldn't be here.
                  Last edited by slag; 01-07-2019, 08:42 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

You really think the loss would have been on the D, and not the ST for allowing the Bears to start at the 42?

Comment

I think winning is the ultimate deodorant ... and people would be bitching about him refusing to blitz in the second half when the Bears made their move, if we were scapegoating like we always do after a loss.

Nobody would be making sarcastic posts about how we shouldn't have been calling for his head all year.

Comment

Fine then he will be making My Harold Carmichael@ one of the concessions

because he won't be coaching this defense....buh bye!
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Blitzing now and then might help our corners with those double moves they like to bite on.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

My post wasn't sarcastic.

Winning is the ultimate deodorant...well, winning is the point of the game. It's influenced by luck, which may be part of your point. But if Parkey had made that kick, I think Schwartz would be pretty low in the vacuum of blame. Below STs for allowing that return. You'd also have the offense leaving points on the field in the first half (second INT was awful) and a questionable playcall on the two point try. We had some bad luck to end the first half too, so I don't feel like we won a game that we didn't deserve or anything.
                            Last edited by art vandelay; 01-07-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Schwartz wasn’t in demand as a HC candidate after a SB. He’s probably not in demand once again.

How NFL professionals view his worthiness is kind of a big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X