Antonio Brown wants out of Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Brown wants out of Pittsburgh

.....things that make you say “hmmmmmm”.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

I posted early in the season...

he's the only player I would give up Multiple picks for,,,this offense needs this type of playmaker.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
      he's the only player I would give up Multiple picks for,,,this offense needs this type of playmaker.
      I think our WR corps is good enough with Jeffery, Ags, Ertz and the Goedert. All they need to do is add a speed outside guy and that is lethal, no need to add a 30 year old $20 million receiver who can't get along with teammates and will cost multiple high draft picks. What this team needs is a legit threat at RB and some upgrades on the OL and the offense will be scary good for a long time.

Comment

I’m not going to knock Brown...

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
        I think our WR corps is good enough with Jeffery, Ags, Ertz and the Goedert. All they need to do is add a speed outside guy and that is lethal, no need to add a 30 year old $20 million receiver who can't get along with teammates and will cost multiple high draft picks. What this team needs is a legit threat at RB and some upgrades on the OL and the offense will be scary good for a long time.
        ...but agree we have higher priorities....a high quality RB and OL help with some additional DBs

Besides, we are getting Jackson
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

He would be a horrible fit. He was one of the most targeted receivers in football and still bitches about not getting the ball enough (among many other things). That selfish nonsense doesn't work here. Build the team with players who want to win. Jackson can kick rocks too.

Comment

No more DIVA WRS. This guy seems like a total baby.
            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

This was when everyone was clamoring for a trade!

and AB would be worth it. I don't give 2 shits about his age!
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Yeah, I think Howie realizes he's not great at drafting WRs/CBs, so he's made some trades/signings to fill those holes. But he's probably never going to make a splash signing on a skill position player like AB. Alshon was more of a 2nd tier FA.

They do alright drafting DL, OL and LBs.

My concern is their reliance on old veterans who are gradually breaking down more and more.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                  and AB would be worth it. I don't give 2 shits about his age!
                  with all the holes we are going to need to fill on this roster (RB, OL, CB, S, probably DL) you wanna blow high draft picks and possibly players for a position be actually dont need? Ya makes a ton of sense score 40 give up 50

Comment

If a team is going to manage their cap correctly, it's not by bringing in Brown when you already have Jeffrey. It makes as much sense as trading for Tate. Teams like New England compete every year because they don't go overboard on dumb contracts and bad trades. They prefer committees (depth) and not signing 'impact' players with bad contracts. The Eagles need to stick to the blueprint that brought this city a parade. Their biggest need on offense is running back. That needs to be a top priority not wide receiver. They will have to 'make do' with the receivers that have already shown they are more than capable.

For the record, there aren't many playoff team receiving corps that are much better than ours if you include Ertz.

Comment

I read your 1st post

this is the same thing
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                        ...but agree we have higher priorities....a high quality RB and OL help with some additional DBs

Besides, we are getting Jackson
                        Need RB Help, OL 4 starters return so maybe, DB of course but the big one will be Linebacker, Bradham is the only guarantee, Hicks is a FA and everyone else sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          If a team is going to manage their cap correctly, it's not by bringing in Brown when you already have Jeffrey. It makes as much sense as trading for Tate. Teams like New England compete every year because they don't go overboard on dumb contracts and bad trades. They prefer committees (depth) and not signing 'impact' players with bad contracts. The Eagles need to stick to the blueprint that brought this city a parade. Their biggest need on offense is running back. That needs to be a top priority not wide receiver. They will have to 'make do' with the receivers that have already shown they are more than capable.

For the record, there aren't many playoff team receiving corps that are much better than ours if you include Ertz.
                          Exactly. They don’t have the $ to take on that contract!

Comment

He's 30 and has over 20 million in dead cap if he's traded. He's not going anywhere

Comment

dead on

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

Antonio Brown is the kind of guy you want to find, not buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X