I'm on record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on record

as stating that I find it stupid to conclude that the reason the Eagles played better last week, including the defense, was due to Foles at QB.

I kicked that concept around with my nephew today on the phone and he thinks the reason they played so well is that they were truly underdogs for the first time this year.

Up until then, even with a shit record they were the defending champs who were supposed get their shit together and win.

But ... last Sunday?

Now they were the shitballs ... they weren't supposed to win ... the media had the the suck ass Eagles as the perfect opponent for the mighty Rams to get revenge and right their ship at home after the MNF Bear loss.

So the Eagles came in and played fuck it, let's have fun ball ... and actually looked like the Eagles again.

Whatever it was ... be nice if they bring it out for the rest of the year.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Oh I might agree with the defense point but; Foles doesn't play defense but it is possible they played a little more daring knowing the offense was rolling and moving the ball so they could take chances and score more than 20 points. In that case, Foles could have played a slight role in how the defensive players played.

As for the offese, the one thing to give BDN credit for, and we can all agree, is he was better at spreading the ball around and giving other players a chance to contribute. Wentz was all in on Ertz all year and the offense just didn't run the same.

Some will argue that they ran the ball more. Well, check the games where the iggs ran the ball a lot and they still hadn't looked that good on offense all year and I believe that is what some are saying.

That being said, eyeball test showed us what Wentz is capable of so I am willing to ride out this year and see how things pan out next year. He should be fully healthy, have a full training camp and preseason and most of all they have to move on from BDN to get that monkey off his back or he will always look over his shoulder at the SB MVP that maybe playing a role on him psychologically. He may be pushing too hard to prove he is gonna win it for Philly knowing BDN did it.

Wentz = future at QB even though it was frustrating this year. Plus, wasn't his fault half the fucking starters ended up on IR or missed significant time; you just cant make up for that kind of loss and think you are a SB contender.
    Last edited by Spartan92; 12-19-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I don't know the plays well enough to know if this is bullshit or not but multiple articles I read indicated they simplified the offensive game plan.

And Swantz has already said he's done that for the patchwork backfield when Jenkins came to him and suggested it at halftime of one of the last couple of games.

But what my nephew said made sense to me in regard to the vibe that game had.

Comment

I've played on teams where we've definitely played harder when the "superstar" wasn't there. Non-professional obviously. Not saying this is the case with the Eagles. I think it's less likely in a sport with more players and different squads like football. But not a complete non-factor. Probably not that different from "truly underdogs".
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I think the underdog factor is similar to why teams in contention lose to "spoiler" bottom of the standings teams at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I think the underdog factor is similar to why teams in contention lose to "spoiler" bottom of the standings teams at the end of the season.
            Similar to why every team gave their best effort against the Eagles this season.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The offense is simpler when Foles is in.

Its more complex when Wentz is in.

This goes back to the OC who doesn't have them prepared to perform for Wentz.

It could be this simple.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I don't know the plays well enough to know if this is bullshit or not but multiple articles I read indicated they simplified the offensive game plan.

And Swantz has already said he's done that for the patchwork backfield when Jenkins came to him and suggested it at halftime of one of the last couple of games.

But what my nephew said made sense to me in regard to the vibe that game had.
                how exactly did that simplified defense, with the same players, work against the cuntboys when Dak passed for 455 and in the 4th quarter and OT our defense made the Cowboys look like the greatest show in turf?

I would agree the game plan is simplified. I believe Coach Fearless puts too much of the game on Wentz when he is in and abuses him like a toy.

Comment

I知 on record with you.

I知 also on record as believing Foles and the team had a good game which is complete unrelated to whatever circumstances Wentz has to endure in prior games (e.g. Eagles D. sucked dick all year)

I知 on record for liking both of our QBs a lot.

I知 on recording for noting that the Rams have been performing at so-so average level over the past 3 games as noted by Chris Collingsworthless.

I知 on record that the defense needs to play like this past Sunday for these WIP type discussions to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
                    The offense is simpler when Foles is in.

Its more complex when Wentz is in.

This goes back to the OC who doesn't have them prepared to perform for Wentz.

It could be this simple.
                    Locking onto Ertz isn稚 that complex
                    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

IDK, maybe because Sidney Jones was put out there on one leg and then was replaced by Who The Fuck Is That

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        I知 on record with you.

I知 also on record as believing Foles and the team had a good game which is complete unrelated to whatever circumstances Wentz has to endure in prior games (e.g. Eagles D. sucked dick all year)

I知 on record for liking both of our QBs a lot.

I知 on recording for noting that the Rams have been performing at so-so average level over the past 3 games as noted by Chris Collingsworthless.

I知 on record that the defense needs to play like this past Sunday for these WIP type discussions to continue.
                        I'M ON RECORD.... JUST WANTED TO SAY I'M ON RECORD.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

We have had "who the fuck is that" pretty much all year including last game so please don't make that an excuse. I hate those who are calling for Wentz's head and saying it's all in him that is just pure horseshit. But we have to acknowledge that his head ain't straight this year. As much as you want to argue the point he was glued to Ertz. Yes he made progression reads at times but his primary target was Ertz and it may have been play calling whatever but didn't you suggest jenkins went to the coach and say to change how the defense should change how they play? One would think a dialed in wentz would have done that to coach fearless no? Again I think some of this was I have to prove I'm better and more worthy than the SB MVP that has a statue Infront of the stadium that should have been me.

Comment

igitis
                            Last edited by slag; 12-20-2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

a) You're responding to the wrong guy

b) They played better in the second half of the Vagiant game when the defense was simplified and they had a particularly bad game in Dallas and a really good one in LA

c) I didn't "suggest" anything ... JENKINS flat out said it.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelph...nse-125352451/

d) I've been foaming at the mouth in defense of Wentz
                              Last edited by slag; 12-20-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X