No announcement yet.

Maybe Wentz just isn’t that smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I object! Nothing is ever the quarterback’s fault! It’s a complete coincidence we won in LA
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

You got me ... that proves it ... you win ... Wentz is a proven dunce ... I'm out.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Let’s give him $200 million guaranteed tomorrow and upstage the Vikings again!
        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Stupid Brit

Originally posted by Exquisite Brit View Post
          Will you still feel that way when the “Mr Hyde” side of Nick Foles bears his ugly head, like it always does? The “Mr Hyde” that was released unceremoniously by the Rams three years ago, when the Eagles were the only team to pick him off the scrap heap to be a backup. What will the sentiment be if, next Sunday against Houston, he finishes 11-25 for 149 yards, 0 TD’s, 3 INT’s, and three sacks, with a a QB rating of 46?
          Don't let the facts get in the way and go back to your roundball kicking game.

Foles played for KC before returning to the Eagles. He also could have signed with TB. Additionally, he played well for the Eagles first time, KC and Eagles the second time. Rams not so much, but then look at that Rams team.

No QB is good every game. See recent examples of all the elite ones. Texas game gives me great concern.

Admittedly, I've been a believer in Nick all along. He needs solid coaching and he needs good receivers who can stretch the field and who can go up and get the ball to be successful. With that he can be elite, or at least pretty darn good.
          Last edited by Wolfpack; 12-18-2018, 07:54 AM.
          ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I was one of the few people here backing the notion that the Eagles should have given Foles more of a look when Winnie the Pooh traded him for Bradford.

And I always root for the Eagles to win ... but pump the fucking brakes on how the Eagles are better with Foles over Wentz based on one game.

Wentz had them running like that every damn game last year until he got injured (like the guy above already implied).

This ridiculous notion that the Eagles want to play for Foles more than Wentz is so fucking stupid all I hear when I read or listen to people stating it is ... Sports Radio 94 DOUBLE UUUUU IIIII PEE.

PS - To be clear ... I'm not saying you are saying that ... but 91 and the rest of the knee jerk brigade has since last night.

Oh and confidential to 91 ... Wentz didn't all of a sudden get stupid from last year.

He's clearly been limited physically from the knee (and more recently the back) and it's probably affected his mental approach.

But there's a difference.
            I'M ALL IN ON A HEALTHY WENTZ, JUST SAYING THE LAST 4 OR 5 GAMES FOLES PLAYED, HE'S BEEN AMAZING.

SOME CALLERS ARE THE SAME DOPES ON 97.5.

FRANKLY AS LONG AS WE, THAT'S RIGHT WE, ARE WINNING, I DON'T CARE WHO IS QB.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-18-2018, 08:38 AM.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Are you including the first two games of the year?

Comment

OOPS, NO, TOTALLY BLANKED OUT ON THEM. WAS GOIN PLAYOFF, S.B. AND SUNDAY.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                  Foles commands huddle, pre snap, and progressions sooo much better. The team also plays so much harder for him

I’m not questioning Wentz’s physical gifts just his mental make up
                  I’ve read where players gushed about Wentz’s command of the huddle and his intelligence has been well documented. (I’m amazed that nobody talked about how well Wentz looked in the 4th quarter of the Dallas game, despite the D collapse. He performed much better than Foles did in the 4th quarter of the Rams game BTW)

Do you think the defense not blowing a 17 point lead this go around after that stupid Philly interception (Foles?) played a major part in victory? Unlike TN and Carolina, this team barely hung on and I wouldn’t chaulk that up to playing harder for Foles. People were expecting a collapse and frankly it almost happened.

We’re fortunate to be discussing a different outcome, but yes, let’s pump the brakes on heroes that could have been spun into villians.

After that interception, I didn’t see the offense playing hard enough for Foles and Co. to control the ball down the stretch and win it. You think the defense was playing hard down the stretch for Foles?
                  Last edited by Drama Queen; 12-18-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

FWIW

Foles commands huddle, pre snap, and progressions sooo much better. The team also plays so much harder for him

Gruden said that no player that he put through his "QB camp" play-recall and explanation thing has ever performed as well as Wentz did.

Intelligence is definitely not the problem.

He couldn't properly work on his game in the offseason, his mechanics regressed, and he's been pressing too much.

Even with all of that, statistically he's not really even having a bad year.

Comment

He's pretty well-spoken for an athletic QB.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        I’ve read where players gushed about Wentz’s command of the huddle and his intelligence has been well documented. (I’m amazed that nobody talked about how well Wentz looked in the 4th quarter of the Dallas game, despite the D collapse. He performed much better than Foles did in the 4th quarter of the Rams game BTW)

Do you think the defense not blowing a 17 point lead this go around after that stupid Philly interception (Foles?) played a major part in victory? Unlike TN and Carolina, this team barely hung on and I wouldn’t chaulk that up to playing harder for Foles. People were expecting a collapse and frankly it almost happened.

We’re fortunate to be discussing a different outcome, but yes, let’s pump the brakes on heroes that could have been spun into villians.

After that interception, I didn’t see the offense playing hard enough for Foles and Co. to control the ball down the stretch and win it. You think the defense was playing hard down the stretch for Foles?
                        Wentz had "it" for the first part of last season but he certainly didn't have it this season. Maybe he gets "it" back next year.

I like BDNick but I always fear he is going to crash down to Earth. No matter what... he's the only Eagles SB MVP and because of that fact I will always be a fan. The best move ever was Howie bringing him back.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think Wentz and Foles have pretty similar career trajectories. Their rookie year numbers are very similar. They both had MVP caliber second seasons but missed a few games. And they both regressed a little in their 3rd year and missed more time with injury, while the rest of the team also dealt with more injuries.

Wentz has always just passed the eye test more than Foles. But I'll also be a BDN fan forever (as will all of Philadelphia).

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            I think Wentz and Foles have pretty similar career trajectories. Their rookie year numbers are very similar. They both had MVP caliber second seasons but missed a few games. And they both regressed a little in their 3rd year and missed more time with injury, while the rest of the team also dealt with more injuries.

Wentz has always just passed the eye test more than Foles. But I'll also be a BDN fan forever (as will all of Philadelphia).
                            I've definitely been a BDN fan and thought that he could have been the future of this team. But, at this point, I love what he has done here but I'm ready to move on in the off-season. Wentz is the QB when 100% healthy and going forward.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              I've definitely been a BDN fan and thought that he could have been the future of this team. But, at this point, I love what he has done here but I'm ready to move on in the off-season. Wentz is the QB when 100% healthy and going forward.
                              I agree. Now, let's say they win the next two games with Foles and he plays well in a playoff game or two...I would listen if a team made an offer for Wentz. But to pull the trigger, it would have to be an outrageous offer.

Comment

If Foles goes on a run like that another question is would Wentz be able to mentally handle being 2nd fiddle in the hearts of fans(I know I'd personally like Foles better). I think the answer is yes for Wentz, would've been a no for McNabb though.

Comment

Working...
                                X