Oooof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooof

I was just listening to the Dan LeBatard show on my Echo and they have a regular feature in which the various people on the show indicate what they thought was the "funniest moment of the week in sports."

LeBatard noted that, in view of what happened yesterday, it was what Alshon Jeffrey said about a month ago.

Ugh.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2018/12/ea...he-league.html
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

With yesterday's drop...

Originally posted by slag View Post
    I was just listening to the Dan LeBatard show on my Echo and they have a regular feature in which the various people on the show indicate what they thought was the "funniest moment of the week in sports."

LeBatard noted that, in view of what happened yesterday, it was what Alshon Jeffrey said about a month ago.

Ugh.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2018/12/ea...he-league.html
    AJ had a total of THREE drops all season...we used to have guys drop three balls in a game
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Exactly

Comment

it would be worst

If Jeffrey didn't also catch a TD and lead the eagles to a Super Bowl.

Comment

New WR coach has helped...

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          AJ had a total of THREE drops all season...we used to have guys drop three balls in a game
          ....especially in the case of Arugala
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Well...the dude does have incredible hands. I don't know how many times lately I've commented that he catches everything. And it's not just his hands. The way that he landed in order to catch that 3rd and 10 pass from Foles against Houston was incredible.

Definitely picked a bad time to have a hiccup...

Comment

It'd also be worse

if Doug/Foles didn't force the team to hurry up to the line right before the 2 min warning for no reason, most likely causing everyone to be off set before that play.
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

that's why jeffrey dropped it?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  that's why jeffrey dropped it?
                  SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR 2 MINUTE WARNING. GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO CATCH THEIR BREATH, GET MIND RIGHT FOR
                  WHAT WAS NEEDED TO BE DONE. WHY RUSH UP TO THE LINE FOR A PLAY? MADE NO SENSE TO ME.

MAYBE THEY RETHINK THAT PLAY CALL.

SHOULD HAVE WAITED.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I think he was running before he caught it, thinking he only had five yards and needed more.

Comment

right. But I'm not sure how any of that changes anything. Jeffrey catches that ball 999/1000 times.

Comment

I agree ... but I'm also of the mind that hurrying to get that play off contributed to an unsettled mind set that led to that lapse in concentration.

Can't prove it, but I still believe it.

Comment

I agree ... but I'm also of the mind that hurrying to get that play off contributed to an unsettled mind set that led to that lapse in concentration.

Whether he caught it or didnt catch it doesnt matter IMO. You gave the Saints a free timeout in a situation where you should be trying to score with as little time as possible left on the clock.

It was dumb because it was picked it still would have been dumb if it was caught.

Comment

I can see the rationale for running the play before the two minute warning but it agree the better or more conservative move would be to let the clock run down.

Comment

THAT'S MY THOUGHT PROCESS ALSO. I BELIEVE CLOCK WAS 2:01 WHEN BALL WAS SNAPPED. WHY HURRY THERE?
                              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-14-2019, 05:46 PM.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X