Brutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal

Well, now that Phillynation beat the decisions to run the play before the 2 minute warning and to decline the holding call on 4th and inches, here are some other thoughts...

1. The Jeffrey drop was just awful. Probably the worst since #5 hit Cutis square in the chest and it bounced off him to end the season.

2. They missed some calls, but I'm glad we aren't talking too much about the refs.

3. Graham's inability to pick up that Brees fumble in the first half was pivotal. He picks that up and we are up 17 or 21 zip and likely win that game.

4. Was anyone else thinking about Jake Elliiott potentially missing the PAT if we did score? He was due for one.

5. The injuries to the Birds were devastating. Brooks (for this season and next), Cox in-and-out (pardon the pun), Douglas, Peters.....Was just too much, esp on defense.....With Brooks out and the other guys questionable, and certainly not 100%, our chances next round(s) were slim. Call that rationalization, but I really believe it.

6. Given our needs on OL (Brooks, Peters likely gone...Kelce's time is near too), DB and RB, I think Howie has to try to work some NBA sign-and-trade magic with Foles to help fill some of those holes for next year....Sorry, Nick, you will always be a legend in Philly, but this is business.

7. As bad it this was, having won the SB last year, makes it an easier pill to swallow. For that, I am thankful.

My $0.02
    Last edited by Cosmo; 01-14-2019, 10:02 AM.
    Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

I agree with all of your points.

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
    Well, now that Phillynation beat the decisions to run the play before the 2 minute warning and to decline the holding call on 4th and inches, here are some other thoughts...

1. The Jeffrey drop was just awful. Probably the worst since #5 hit Cutis square in the chest and it bounced off him to end the season.

2. They missed some calls, but I'm glad we aren't talking too much about the refs.

3. Graham's inability to pick up that Brees fumble in the first half was pivotal. He picks that up and we are up 17 or 21 zip and likely win that game.

4. Was anyone else thinking about Jake Elliiott potentially missing the PAT if we did score? He was due for one.

5. The injuries to the Birds were devastating. Brooks (for this season and next), Cox in-and-out (pardon the pun), Douglas, Peters.....Was just too much, esp on defense.....With Brooks out and the other guys questionable, and certainly not 100%, our chances next round(s) were slim. Call that rationalization, but I really believe it.

6. Given our needs on OL (Brooks, Peters likely gone...Kelce's time is near too), DB and RB, I think Howie has to try to work some NBA sign-and-trade magic with Foles to help fill some of those holes for next year....Sorry, Nick, you will always be a legend in Philly, but this is business.

7. As bad it this was, having won the SB last year, makes it an easier pill to swallow. For that, I am thankful.

My $0.02

I think Jernigans should have received a warning for that penalty since it’s a two strike and you are kicked out rule. There was distance between him and Kamara and it wasn’t like a physical altercation.

Comment

Ultimately, it comes down to two things:

The defense had them on the ropes. Either the D let up or the Saints offense adjusted correctly.

The offense was moving the ball downfield initially, and they with a 14 point lead, they reverted to the painful dink and dunk mode. Again, either Doug changed things for the worse, or the Saints D made the correct adjustments.

Nitpick all the individual plays you want...the game of adjustments just favored New Orleans. It was still a close contest, and while it was frustrating to lose, at least it wasn't an embarrassment.

Comment

Lot of different emotions. Was very proud of the way they rallied to make playoffs but shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. Inexcusable losses early on to Panthers, Tampa, and Titans off top of my head.

Injuries are never an excuse but the fact is this team was gutted by them and could only overcome them for so long. Feel like they worked miracles with the DB's last month of the season.

Frustrated
        Proud
        Angry

Nick Foles summed up his career perfectly yesterday. Unstoppable at times and WTF is he doing at others. My God he stunk after the first quarter yesterday. Underthrew EVERYBODY.

Goddammit......I'm getting pissed off again......
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-14-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I hate losing to that bitch mother fucker Sean Payton. Fuck him and fuck that goddamned cocky bitch asshole Taysum Hill too.

what a fucking jerkoff.

Comment

Yeah, that permanent smirk on his face is pretty fucking irritating.

Comment

Amen. 2 Class A Jerkoffs.
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Same here...can't stand the guy

Eyeliner wearing metro sexual Bastard Go Rams!

Both adjustments, and the Eagles losing Fletcher were the 2 biggies,,,also Dougie running the same 3 run plays the rest of the game on 1st down didn't help.
                Last edited by TRENT; 01-14-2019, 11:50 AM.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                X