white house visit off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    So Fox News covers kneeling during the anthem and shows players kneeling but doesn't explicitly say it's during or not during the anthem.

I guess this isn't *TECHNICALLY* mis-information.
    Bwahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
      People need to stop letting their anger influence their decisions. I watched the video and no mention of Eagles players kneeling during the National Anthem and there were pictures of players kneeling in prayer. Some may make the jump to assume that was during the national anthem but looking at the pictures it clearly is not. Fox News is biased, CNN is biased, MSNBC is biased as well as every new source in the country. If you think Fox is bad and others are not than you are the problem rather than the solution. The best I have to offer is to expose yourself to multiple media sources and evaluate what passes the common sense test.

The major disappointment is the Eagles had a chance to shift the divisive nature we see today. Somebody somewhere needs to do that rather than to blame the other side. Imagine the respect earned by saying "Although I disagree with President Trump on significant issues I will respect the position and use this an opportunity to both demonstrate my willingness to discuss issues rather than discontinue communication as well as a way to represent to a country that those that think differently can come together." Unfortunately this protesting has become a fad and its just creating a divisive country and a generation that only knows how to function as they are shown by irresponsible adults.
      fox news ran the headline "philadelphia eagles won't attend white house ceremony." obviously, this is because of the anthem issue. they then show three separate shots of players kneeling. this was clearly done so that it would look like they were kneeling during the anthem. there is no way you can dispute this. yes, other news sources are bad, but they have nothing to do with this. even if all sources are equally bad, i am more concerned about the fact that our president is waging war on all news sources besides fox news. even if we pretend that he's right about CNN, MSNBC, etc., i'm still concerned about the fact that he has praised alex jones. while people who think fox news is bad and others aren't may be annoying, i think people whose first reaction is to defend fox news and the president in cases like these are closer to being a part of the problem than the solution.

i'm guessing that some eagles who disagree with trump were willing to go to the white house. lurie obviously hates trump, but was willing to back up the words of the op-ed he wrote following the election as opposed to showing up the president by not coordinating a visit. but again, we can pretend that no one who disagreed with trump was willing to visit. while i still understand how this can be seen as divisive, it is beyond me how anyone can think the players' approach to this issue is more divisive than trump's approach. i am much more concerned about the fact that our president will speak at a rally and tell owners to "fire these sons of bitches," make colin kaepernick a point during his speeches, and hold some military tribute at the white house in response to the anthem isue than i am about the fact that players being used as a tool to divide the country don't want to visit the white house. to me that's the real shame, not the players who are protesting during a perhaps inopportune time.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 06-05-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        The guy's a petty asshole but this is all politics ... he's preaching to his choir.
        By calling this "all politics" you're normalizing behavior that is far beyond the pale.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

the irony

So Fox News covers kneeling during the anthem and shows players kneeling but doesn't explicitly say it's during or not during the anthem.

I guess this isn't *TECHNICALLY* mis-information.
          of them praying, being an outspoken evangelical team, lead by a fairly outspoken Christian in Carson Wentz (and future pastor, Nick Foles) shouldn't be lost.

So silly.

Let's be clear - trump does a poor job of representing conservative folks.
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 06-05-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

--
            Your Retarded

Comment

Then how come they just apologized, just blew you up again
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Ever notice how people who refer to themselves as "good Christians" are generally hypocritical pieces of garbage? They hide their hideous natures behind a thin veneer of piety.

BTW - I saw someone wearing that shirt at a Phillies game recently.

Comment

Right Wing Christians are America's ISIS. Get these people out of our government NOW!

Comment

Believe what you want ... I happen to think Donald Trump doesn't really give a fuck about what a handful of NFL players are doing during the anthem.

And I'm on record here that it's his ego as well as his politics.

I sure as shit don't believe patriotism is his true motivation.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                      Ever notice how people who refer to themselves as "good Christians" are generally hypocritical pieces of garbage? They hide their hideous natures behind a thin veneer of piety.

BTW - I saw someone wearing that shirt at a Phillies game recently.
                      Typical self-fulfilling prophecy. As you say this about Christians because of the ones that are doing wrong you are lumping in the overwhelming millions of people that are doing right. There is more than what you choose to see. And this is coming from a devout Atheist who also believes the basic tenets of religion are good rules to live your life by.

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
                        Typical self-fulfilling prophecy. As you say this about Christians because of the ones that are doing wrong you are lumping in the overwhelming millions of people that are doing right. There is more than what you choose to see. And this is coming from a devout Atheist who also believes the basic tenets of religion are good rules to live your life by.
                        Where did I stereotype all Christians? I am specifically talking about the ones who refer to themselves as "good Christians." This is a thing, especially in the South.

Comment

Believe what you want ... I happen to think Donald Trump doesn't really give a fuck about what a handful of NFL players are doing during the anthem.

I agree with all of that. This is just a way to pander to his supporters and rile them up, further dividing us into tribes.

I disagree, or up to this point in recent history would disagree, that his behavior is "all politics". Politics has always been tribal, but there is behavior is beyond what we've seen in the United States. And it's getting normalized when it's just brushed off as "politics".
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

"In other words, the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans,'' Sanders said, prompting Trump to cancel.“

Fuck off.

Anyone defending this statement can fuck off too.

Comment

all of this

I agree with all of that. This is just a way to pander to his supporters and rile them up, further dividing us into tribes.

I disagree, or up to this point in recent history would disagree, that his behavior is "all politics". Politics has always been tribal, but there is behavior is beyond what we've seen in the United States. And it's getting normalized when it's just brushed off as "politics".
                              pure id.

Comment

Absolutely. Has nothing to do with NFL or patriotism.

NFL is just playing the part of “militant black man” for his race hustle

Comment

Working...
                                X