Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody see this lawyer on an out of control rant in Manhattan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    this is an interesting hill to die on.
    Don't quite understand why "This is an interesting hill to die on"? When something happens are we all required to pick a side and defend it regardless of what information we are presented with? Its easy to judge someone we don't know but then turn around when it is someone in our circle to defend them because "we wouldn't associate with someone like that".

Bottom line I didn't take a position counter to anyone else that was offended by his actions other than to not outright call him a racist first because it is not factually correct given the circumstances but also because I have a few minutes of video and not going to judge someone's entire life based on that video.

Comment

“For a country that was supposedly built on 'Christian' ideals, there is little evidence that those who are embracing the foolish notion that their beliefs only apply to white, English speaking citizens are doing 'God's will' are fooling themselves.”

What does this mean and why bring up Christianity?

Religion, politics, skin color, sexuality, generation classifications like baby boomers. Gender, ethnicity. Vegans, and environmentalist. Meat loving 2nd amendment defenders. I hate all of this identification stuff. They all think their badass.

Comment

because

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
        it is not factually correct given the circumstances but also because I have a few minutes of video and not going to judge someone's entire life based on that video.
        That's an interesting position to take. that's all.

Comment

I had to chuckle at defending the guy by posting the definition of "racism" which pretty much describes exactly what the guy did.

I agree with you, though. It can be a bit exhausting.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I had to chuckle at defending the guy by posting the definition of "racism" which pretty much describes exactly what the guy did.

I agree with you, though. It can be a bit exhausting.
            Chuckle all you want but the definition posted is exactly why it is not racism. Race is a decision based on someone's race and being of Hispanic origin is a person's ethnicity, not their race. So according to the exact definition his actions were not racist.

Again his actions are condemned but the quick call of racism is neither factually correct according to the definition and a quick call to judgement based on a very small part of his life we have been made familiar with.

The guy clearly has issues that need to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
              Chuckle all you want but the definition posted is exactly why it is not racism. Race is a decision based on someone's race and being of Hispanic origin is a person's ethnicity, not their race. So according to the exact definition his actions were not racist.
              Include me in the chucklers in response to the "TECHNICALLY he's not racist for this" cause lets face it it is a funny response.

May as well be considered that but fine, he is a Xenophobe instead?...cause definitions and stuff.

Comment

ok lol
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Let me help you out.

He's racist.

He's not threatening to call ICE because he thinks a few fair-skinned European Spaniards are trying to figure out what they want to lunch.

He heard Spanish and he saw a certain ethnicity and make a judgement based on racial prejudices. That's racism.

And that doesn't even address the guy he ran into on the street and told him to get out of his country because he didn't think he looked American enough. That guy was white with long hair and beard.

That's racism, even if he's too stupid to know any better.

It's really no more complicated than that. When you have to argue semantics regarding this because it doesn't just pass the eye test you should re-evaluate your thinking.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

While not denying the bonafides of your argument, I note that No One Is Ever More Outraged Than You Are. Ever. Yours is always the Last Word In Outrage.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      While not denying the bonafides of your argument, I note that No One Is Ever More Outraged Than You Are. Ever. Yours is always the Last Word In Outrage.
                      Thanks for paying attention.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

It would be difficult not to.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          It would be difficult not to.
                          For a thread you wanted to die hours ago you've done a good job of staying informed in its regard.

I guess annoyance over excessive outrage is something you need to stay on top of and voice repeatedly.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

If you think that kind of stuff just happens here you are living in a vacuum, I used to deliver goods up to Montreal, try getting anywhere speaking English up there! lol

Comment

Two mentions in twenty years on this board constitutes repeated posting. You are also the undisputed King of Hyperbole here.

I just get tired of the off topic outrage posts from all sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X