X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild West Style shootout in North Philadelphia

Multiple police shot ... conflicting reports on severity of injuries

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...officials-say/
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I cleaned shitters in the Navy for 4 years but there is no amount of money you could pay me to be a cop today.
    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-14-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Saw this on my friend's twitter page about 45 minutes ago. At that time they were reporting 3 cops shot, in stable condition. The report you linked to says six cops shot.

My ex wife used to work at the Temple Health Sciences campus. I've been there many times. It is not a good area... much worse than their main campus. (Call me Captain Obvious). Basically you just want to drive into the parking garage and go directly to the building where you are working.

I think Temple has been trying to help improve the area but it is an uphill struggle. A lot of the locals resent any improvements, especially if they are renters.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I will say the Main Campus area has improved a lot since I went there 25 years ago. I have 2 daughters who attend now, and are living off campus this year. And although I am not thrilled with that, their block is all students.

Comment

JUST A FEW BLOCKS FROM THE HOUSE MY PARENTS LIVED IN WHEN I WAS BORN. 12TH AND TIOGA.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Down the street from my favorite place, MAx's steaks

Comment

I'VE NEVER BEEN THERE.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                I'VE NEVER BEEN THERE.

You should try it, Broad and Erie

Comment

Bowie had it right

Originally posted by slag View Post

I'm afraid of Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UDkRpqO-b0
                  DB

Comment

I'M THANKFUL THAT NO COPS WERE KILLED. BUT I'D STILL GIVE THIS ANIMAL THE LECTRIC CHAIR.
                    I SAY BRING BACK PUBLIC HANGINGS. HAVE THEM AT CITY HALL. LET PEOPLE MAKE SOME CASH SELLING HOTDOGS.

BALLOONS, EAGLES CHANTS IN THE BACKGROUND, BOTTLES OF WILD TURKEY BEING PASSED AROUND, AND WATCHING A LOSER HANG. GOOD DAY.

LUCK COPS ARE NOT DEAD, IS NO REASON THIS JERKOFF SHOULD STILL BREATH.

Comment

This is the great conundrum

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      A lot of the locals resent any improvements, especially if they are renters.
                      and honestly, my personal belief is that it has a lot to do with the "student loan industrial complex" where students can basically get a fairly large amount of loans/credit w/o actually having the credit necessarily. The result is an industry of newly built "luxury" apartments that have increased rents nearby - especially for locals and regular people who are renting and work a regular job, possibly at the (a) nearby university.

When the tap is shut off, one way or another, it's not going to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        and honestly, my personal belief is that it has a lot to do with the "student loan industrial complex" where students can basically get a fairly large amount of loans/credit w/o actually having the credit necessarily. The result is an industry of newly built "luxury" apartments that have increased rents nearby - especially for locals and regular people who are renting and work a regular job, possibly at the (a) nearby university.

When the tap is shut off, one way or another, it's not going to be good.
                        You should see the apartments they are building on Campus. These are not dorms, but really luxury apartments for students, with on facility gyms and restaurants on the ground floor

Comment

it's happening everywhere

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                          You should see the apartments they are building on Campus. These are not dorms, but really luxury apartments for students, with on facility gyms and restaurants on the ground floor
                          In every City. UCity/West is having the same problem as well. It's unsustainable and obviously impacts the rest of the market. I'm generally pro-development, but you can see where certain developers dollars are derived from and student loan based dollars aren't sustainable long-term or truly good for the City, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                            I'M THANKFUL THAT NO COPS WERE KILLED. BUT I'D STILL GIVE THIS ANIMAL THE LECTRIC CHAIR.
                            I SAY BRING BACK PUBLIC HANGINGS. HAVE THEM AT CITY HALL. LET PEOPLE MAKE SOME CASH SELLING HOTDOGS.

BALLOONS, EAGLES CHANTS IN THE BACKGROUND, BOTTLES OF WILD TURKEY BEING PASSED AROUND, AND WATCHING A LOSER HANG. GOOD DAY.

LUCK COPS ARE NOT DEAD, IS NO REASON THIS JERKOFF SHOULD STILL BREATH.
                            Is this post really going to stay up?
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                              Is this post really going to stay up?
                              yes

Comment

Working...
                              X