• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters gets a new deal

Odd.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    Odd.
    I may be wrong, but didn't they ask him to restructure earlier in the year?

Comment

yeah they did...

U can't pay him enough to be here, leadership, toughness, and a professionalism that is infectious,,Tough smart guys are hard to find!
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Nice to know that the front office is still concerned about working their Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          Nice to know that the front office is still concerned about working their Peters.
          At least until the Johnson era.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Howie stroked Peters

' ego with the deal.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

U mean Howie Stroked his peter!

this has more to do with cap numbers and Peters history of Getting Hurt.. Now he is Signed thru the next 2 season and if they move him to guard, won't be a huge deal.
              Last edited by TRENT; 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                this has more to do with cap numbers and Peters history of Getting Hurt.. Now he is Signed thru the next 2 season and if they move him to guard, won't be a huge deal.
                Read the piece, said he wanted to retire an Eagle, this gives him 2 years and I really doubt he wants to go anywhere else, looks like a win-win to me?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                  Read the piece, said he wanted to retire an Eagle, this gives him 2 years and I really doubt he wants to go anywhere else, looks like a win-win to me?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn
                  Except they will really need the cap room next season...dude is 35 and led the NFL in false starts. I love Peters, but don't like this extension all that much.

Comment

He is at the Top of that List with many other Tackles

not sure how many were FS but 11 last year; for a total of 55 yards..strange Numbers Most tackles ahead of him had around 130 yrds in Penalties. Guess the Guy doesn't Hold.
                    Last edited by TRENT; 06-14-2017, 03:10 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Looks to me that he came to them and said "I'll take that shit you asked me about earlier" and they said ok.

I'm pretty sure they offered something akin to this kind of a restructure earlier (which he could have quantified as a "pay cut" if he wanted to).

According to an article linked below he was to get 20 mil over the next two years with no guaranteed money. They gave him an 8 mil signing bonus and apparently guaranteed another 7 over the new deal.

As I indicated above, seems to me he could have characterized that as a pay cut and rejected it and then asked around about the market for a 35-year old tackle ... reassessed what guaranteed means ... and then decided he always had a burning desire to retire an Eagle.

EDITED TO ADD: Not that I blame him ... business is business.
                      Last edited by slag; 06-14-2017, 05:38 PM.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Odd.
                        32.5 million guaranteed for a 35 year old injury prone (recently) tackle.

Comment

wrong
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Not injury prone

didn't he play 16 games last season?
                            Last edited by Ground_Meat; 06-14-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              Looks to me that he came to them and said "I'll take that shit you asked me about earlier" and they said ok.

I'm pretty sure they offered something akin to this kind of a restructure earlier (which he could have quantified as a "pay cut" if he wanted to).

According to an article linked below he was to get 20 mil over the next two years with no guaranteed money. They gave him an 8 mil signing bonus and apparently guaranteed another 7 over the new deal.

As I indicated above, seems to me he could have characterized that as a pay cut and rejected it and then asked around about the market for a 35-year old tackle ... reassessed what guaranteed means ... and then decided he always had a burning desire to retire an Eagle.

EDITED TO ADD: Not that I blame him ... business is business.
                              I sort of agree, but who knows? It is interesting to note that it happened at this point in time. I think that the Eagles got what they would like to accomplish out of this. Peters gets more guaranteed $ so he gets something out of the restructuring as well.

IMO, the most important thing out of all of this to note is that Peters has indicated his willingness to play at guard.

Now we (not they) need to get him a ring.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X