Props to Arrieta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Arrieta

Of course the bats are sleeping and guys aren’t hustling, so it matters not...

Go figure.

As bad as Franco has been lately, he should have been in the lineup tonight. He owns Scherzer.

Comment

So embarrassing right now.

Comment

This is the death spiral. Gabe might not make it to the ASB.

Comment

I would be shocked if they fired Gabe midseason. Maybe he'll be out if they don't make the Wild Card game. I don't see him taking the fall though.

Comment

Considering today’s competition........

I take these two losses personally.

Honestly, the no heart piece of shit Natinals? The Phils are fucking toast!

Hurry up September. Fly Iggles Fly!
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              I would be shocked if they fired Gabe midseason. Maybe he'll be out if they don't make the Wild Card game. I don't see him taking the fall though.
              This collapse is almost a mirror image of the last collapse. Except they spent a shit ton more money to get the same result.

You might be right, but he's showing an inability to get his team out of a rut. Two years in a row, the rut has swallowed the season whole.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                This collapse is almost a mirror image of the last collapse. Except they spent a shit ton more money to get the same result.

You might be right, but he's showing an inability to get his team out of a rut. Two years in a row, the rut has swallowed the season whole.
                That's a wee bit of hyperbole.

They are still five games above .500. Not for long you say?

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Comment

Just going on the available evidence. This team is bleeding out all over the field.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    Just going on the available evidence. This team is bleeding out all over the field.
                    Certainly aren't looking good now.

I'm hoping that Chase gives a rousing speech on Friday and that the Phillies proceed to get a little confidence back by sweeping the shitty Marlins. If they continue to flail away through the weekend then you can also include me in the "concerned" camp.
                    Last edited by 06hawkalum; 06-19-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

This isn't meant to be personal, but didn't you think they were in a death spiral around this time last year? IIRC, they went on a nice run after that against winning teams, and were in first place a couple weeks into August. The death spiral didn't really start until the last month of the season.

Last year's team played was above its heads for most of the year. Right now this team is underachieving. That's obviously not something to feel good about, but at this point I by no means think they're doomed for .500 or anything.

Comment

I can't remember last week, man. Could've been me. No offense taken.

I admire your guarded optimism, but things look doomy AF from here.

Comment

Their rotation is a problem and pitching like yesterday should be the solution. Yesterday's quiet offense is inexcusable though. They should have won at least 1 game regardless of facing Scherzer.

Comment

My bar is set at one and done in the wildcard game.

I don't see us getting past the dodgers regardless.

We are a few seasons away from a WS appearance, it's a big ship to turn around.

I'm just enjoying the journey; with a cup of Roobis tea from my SB52 mug of course.
                            Last edited by jimbo; 06-20-2019, 05:13 PM.
                            Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                            X