Another refereeing indignity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another refereeing indignity.

On the last drive in regulation, on the play where the holding flag was picked up, the receiver was tackled in bounds. If the refs hadn’t thrown the flag, the Pukes would have had to use a timeout or rushed up to the line to run a play. Instead McMahon gifted them a free time out.

And how the hell did the referees not see the fumble on the opening kickoff? I thought the referee’s rule (everywhere but Dallas) was err on the side of calling a fumble and let replay sort it out. What a shitshow.

this

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    On the last drive in regulation, on the play where the holding flag was picked up, the receiver was tackled in bounds. If the refs hadn’t thrown the flag, the Pukes would have had to use a timeout or rushed up to the line to run a play. Instead McMahon gifted them a free time out.
    It's insane how many little things were adding up. Again, the Eagles had every opportunity to win the game and I blame Carson, Doug and Shorts. But all these things are worth noting.

Comment

Also

Originally posted by RSE View Post

And how the hell did the referees not see the fumble on the opening kickoff? I thought the referee’s rule (everywhere but Dallas) was err on the side of calling a fumble and let replay sort it out. What a shitshow.
      Stole a timeout on the opening play. The play was technically overturned bc they ruled it a fumble.

Comment

That was some bullshit.

Aside from the phantom OPI on Goedert, after he caught that pass, he also took a shoulder to the head that knocked his helmet loose. That's closer to a penalty than what Goedert did.

Comment

Even if you say that Goedert had questionable contact, the ball wasn't anywhere near being thrown at that point, so the OPI call was especially bogus.

Amari Cooper created separation by shoving the DBs head away from the point of contact with the ball in the air. But that somehow gets missed.

Comment

When I saw the replay I thought the penalty was on the defender for hitting him in the helmet ... then lost my mind when OPI was called.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
            X