OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

There's a reason that other people in this thread know what I'm talking about. You're "laughing" at me using the Houdini play as an example of something that Wentz can't do this year, yet on the previous page you say:

Are you contending that because he doesn't have what I called last year's Houdini moves, he's creating jams for himself because he cannot adjust to sensing the rush like a player who can't do that should?

If so, I don't disagree.
      That was half of my post. The other half was about plays like the strip-sack against Dallas. You don't think it makes sense to say he needs to know he can't hold on to the ball for that long, and/or you don't think he's doing that more this year than last year? If you still don't understand my post, then I applaud you.

Comment

Foles is God's QB.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Um ... go back and look at that sack fumble against Dallas again

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Yes.

edit: and no. Sometimes he senses the rush but doesn't get himself out of it. Sometimes he just stands back there for too long and doesn't know that the rush is coming (nothing to do with lack of escapability compared to last year). See his sack-fumble @ Dallas.
          ... if you have that recorded.

There is an end zone level replay behind Wentz and it shows 3 WR’s run their patterns and they just stop once covered. A group of us noticed this. Nobody ran open. It was horrible and certainly not Wentz’s fault. Play design? WR’s? Whatever, it sucked.

Comment

I re-read something and think we're now on the same page

First ... no, that's not why I was laughing.

My laughing was because you indicated that an example of Wentz "sensing" the rush was when he was buried by the entire d-line. It was a "no shit" laugh.

I really didn't get your post with the links at first because of the way you used the word "sensing" before posting links to vids of obvious imminent threat.

But, I understand now that you were originally editing to add, and distinguish between, Wentz not being able to escape obvious imminent threat and creating jams from not "sensing" the threat.

Both of which I agree are happening this year.

As for whether he should be adjusting his internal clock by now, I don't know what's reasonable to expect a guy to do when he's been playing with Houdini mobility his entire life.
            Last edited by slag; 12-19-2018, 08:21 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
              When you have time? You're in the vortex now dude...
              Did somebody say a vortex?

--
              Your Retarded

Comment

Wasn't that another sack? I feel like you're talking about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HBkEAEz_Y8

You are right, that sucked, and can't be used as an example of anything that Wentz is doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  ... if you have that recorded.

There is an end zone level replay behind Wentz and it shows 3 WR’s run their patterns and they just stop once covered. A group of us noticed this. Nobody ran open. It was horrible and certainly not Wentz’s fault. Play design? WR’s? Whatever, it sucked.
                  I think the play he got sacked on was the same play they ran against the giants or skins where they run some sort of pick play on the outsides with agholor coming open in the middle. Agholor came open and Wentz was about to throw and gets sacked. The defensive player made a great play on Peters and got by him.

Sometimes the other team just makes a good play.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

You and art are right.

... and that play still sucked ass. Lots of breakdowns this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X