Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Saint Nick and Wentz

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Wentz had "it" for the first part of last season but he certainly didn't have it this season. Maybe he gets "it" back next year.

I like BDNick but I always fear he is going to crash down to Earth. No matter what... he's the only Eagles SB MVP and because of that fact I will always be a fan. The best move ever was Howie bringing him back.
    ————
    Torn between two QB’s, feeling like a fool

Liking both of them, is breaking all the rules

———-

I put more of the “it” factor on the defense not having it. Until last week they were supreme momentum killers. Their job is to get off the field and give the ball back to the O. Wentz didn’t carry the team on his back but he found ways to win games, and a competent D would have delivered those wins.

Wentz is not free of criticism and I respect if people feel he was a part of the problem,but if we are talking loses, I can tick off a lot of factors more impactful before I get to Wentz.

Replacing lost players (Bennett was a steal though), RB, WR to start the season , and back 7 defense are the highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Wentz had "it" for the first part of last season but he certainly didn't have it this season. Maybe he gets "it" back next year.

I like BDNick but I always fear he is going to crash down to Earth. No matter what... he's the only Eagles SB MVP and because of that fact I will always be a fan. The best move ever was Howie bringing him back.
      Only concern is that Wentz becomes a headcase like McNabb did and lets this experience damage his decision making.

Foles is nowhere near as talented but seems at peace. Unflappable.
      Last edited by Maniac; 12-19-2018, 07:09 PM.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

For sure. Foles would also be probably the only QB ever that would be OK with coming back as the backup after his second run in a row. I think being the God Squad really helps both Wentz and Foles, probably the latter more than the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          ————
          Torn between two QB’s, feeling like a fool

Liking both of them, is breaking all the rules

———-

I put more of the “it” factor on the defense not having it. Until last week they were supreme momentum killers. Their job is to get off the field and give the ball back to the O. Wentz didn’t carry the team on his back but he found ways to win games, and a competent D would have delivered those wins.

Wentz is not free of criticism and I respect if people feel he was a part of the problem,but if we are talking loses, I can tick off a lot of factors more impactful before I get to Wentz.

Replacing lost players (Bennett was a steal though), RB, WR to start the season , and back 7 defense are the highlights.
          Biggest problem is that oline and d-line...last year... Had more of those rams games where they dominated entire games. This year it's been inconsistent for both too much.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

IDK ... he looked a tad flapped at down the stretch of that game
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              IDK ... he looked a tad flapped at down the stretch of that game

I don't know if BDNick or Wentz drink hard beverages, but I do know this:

BDNick will never need to buy a beverage in Philadelphia again.

Wentz is still buying his drinks (hard or soft).
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You know what's fucking crazy (but doesn't take anything away from what he did) ... he would still be paying for his drinks and not be in line to make 10s of millions of dollars if Julio Jones doesn't fall down.

This is not a knock on Foles ... but football is nuts sometimes.

Similarly, Eli Manning might get in the HOF because a guy who should have caught a ball for an interception dropped it ... and then another guy who had no business catching the ball pinned it against his helmet.

Comment

You know what's fucking crazy (but doesn't take anything away from what he did) ... he would still be paying for his drinks and not be in line to make 10s of millions of dollars if Julio Jones doesn't fall down.

This is not a knock on Foles ... but football is nuts sometimes.
                  Ive never bought into this take. That play was busted from the jump and it was too high for Julio even if he landed in bounds.

Comment

I'm not talking about the actual throw ... I'm talking about how Ryan was looking to hit Jones as soon as he made the cut ... Jones is way bigger than Mills and had position in front of Mills if he doesn't fall down.

On a related note I was in that end zone and watched Jones as the obvious first target ... Mills mugged him and when he fell I shit a brick thinking there would be a flag ... but the ref let them play.

Comment

I'm not talking about the actual throw ... I'm talking about how Ryan was looking to hit Jones as soon as he made the cut ... Jones is way bigger than Mills and had position in front of Mills if he doesn't fall down.

On a related note I was in that end zone and watched Jones as the obvious first target ... Mills mugged him and when he fell I shit a brick thinking there would be a flag ... but the ref let them play.
                      I still can't believe the guy from the falcons safety tried to catch the ball from foles with his knee.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I have. We would have rolled over the Falcons with Wentz at QB in that game. But in a year in which everything went right for us, things went right for us.

By the same token, I'm not sure if we would have beaten NE with Wentz at QB. Football is crazy.

Comment

Working...
                        X