Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you thought last summer's Stah Hunter swing and a miss was bad ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you thought last summer's Stah Hunter swing and a miss was bad ...

Wait for the shit-show brewing for this summer....

In less than two weeks, we'll see Butler and Harris leave for other teams. That Harris trade will now be talked about for years with all we gave up for what, a 2 month rental?

Probably the big kick to the nuts will come in the fall when Fultz decides to actually not be an asshole and turns into a serviceable NBA player.

Hopefully Ben is taking non-stop jump shots, and Jo-Jo is on Keto, or Paleo, or some other Vegan shit diet....
    Last edited by dev_32; 06-17-2019, 10:39 PM.

Jimmy would be stupid to take like 41 million less than the Sixers will offer.

We’ll see.

Comment

DEPENDS HOW BAD HE WANTS A RING, WHETHER HE STAYS FOR THE MONEY OR GOES FOR A RING.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'd like to see them land Kemba Walker. Fuck Harris.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Butler's a smart guy who wants to win. You think he wants to waste the remainder of his years with these nutbags?

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            I'd like to see them land Kemba Walker. Fuck Harris.
            I agree with this. No way can you give him max money. What a fucking horrible trade....

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
              I agree with this. No way can you give him max money. What a fucking horrible trade....
              The thing that makes Kemba more valuable is his one-on-one game. They dont have a guy who can break you down off the dribble.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                DEPENDS HOW BAD HE WANTS A RING, WHETHER HE STAYS FOR THE MONEY OR GOES FOR A RING.
                He can go for the ring right here in Philly and will do exactly that. With Kawhi leaving the Raptors, Kyrie leaving Boston, and Mirotic and Middleton leaving the Bucks, all the Sixers need to do is #runitback in order to be the best team in the East.

Y'all are a bunch of negative nancies. This team was, quite literally, a shot away from making the Eastern Conference Finals last month, despite being banged up and playing a 100% healthy Toronto squad which went on to win the whole damn thing.
                Last edited by 06hawkalum; 06-18-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I like butler. I'm OK with him leaving if they fill the position. I actually would really like kemba. As gm pointed out, he brings something to them they don't currently have.

Comment

100%
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                      He can go for the ring right here in Philly and will do exactly that. With Kawhi leaving the Raptors, Kyrie leaving Boston, and Mirotic and Middleton leaving the Bucks, all the Sixers need to do is #runitback in order to be the best team in the East.

Y'all are a bunch of negative nancies. This team was, quite literally, a shot away from making the Eastern Conference Finals last month, despite being banged up and playing a 100% healthy Toronto squad which went on to win the whole damn thing.
                      THAT, LITERALLY ONE SHOT, WAS TO BREAK A TIE. HAD AN ENTIRE OVER TIME QUARTER TO PLAY, IF THE EVENTUAL CHAMPION AND MVP DIDN'T MAKE THAT SHOT.
                      HISTORY REVISIONIST.
                      YOU JUST ASSUME SIXERS WIN THAT IN O.T.?
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

The problem is Brand made his moves based on the short term. That was a mistake. If you were going to make moves with a young core, you needed to go after younger players. Bradley Beal, age 25, was most likely the answer. They decided to deplete their assets for guys that are short term solutions. Brand is still learning on the job and it showed this year.

Butler will handcuff this team in a couple of years and, quite frankly, he's not worth the max.

I still can't believe they gave away Fultz for nothing. That's when I knew he wasn't the right person for the job.

Comment

I know this isn't *really* how it works, but going by how they played the champs, a case can be made that the Sixers were the second best team in the playoffs ("We're #2!"). I'm loathe to throw down with the Mush, but they are right there at the doorstep.

If they blow it this offseason, or if everyone who's anyone insists on playing in LA or NY... then they won't be. It really is a do or die offseason.

Comment

So who was we stah facking in the draft?

Comment

Bol Bol if he's there. I wouldn't mind the guard from UVA either, he'd be a clear upgrade over TJ McConnell.

Comment

Working...
                              X