No announcement yet.

Please someone defend Simmons to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's his prerogative. But if I'm the Sixers, I'm having some very honest conversations about that and if he wants to end up out there, I'm fleecing the Lakers now and letting them get his jump shot going.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The Lakers have nothing to give.

I know it may not appease many but I'm ok shipping him to Boston. I'll start with Tatum and see if they want to throw in a real point guard. I'll take the second pick in this year's lottery for him (Ja Morant will shoot).

My god, he's got me so pissed I'm playing fantasy GM.

Comment

Mayhaps he should play a position he's better suited for: Center

https://www.theringer.com/2019/5/9/1...rs-joel-embiid
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-09-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

If I'm Boston I'm not trading Tatum for Simmons straight up, let alone for additional pick.

Comment

I'll throw in Mike 'Says Hello' Scott. Better yet, I'll sweeten the pot. I won't include Scott.

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about that. Conceptually it has always been odd to me that we are bent out of shape over whether or not a 6'10" guy can shoot threes. There are only so many Kevin Durants out there. I have to read the whole article, but yeah, there might be some truth there.

I wonder what would have happened if Fultz could play.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Looking pre-tay, pre-tay good tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                  Looking pre-tay, pre-tay good tonight!!!
                  Sure, and the trade this bum nonsense was probably a bit of a visceral reaction, but 2/6 games as a net positive isn't good enough for a guy with that talent. I'm willing to wait on a 22 year old, but he still hasn't shot outside 4 ft tonight.

Comment

Yes, but he is showing why he is so fucking special...he has been incredibly impactful despite only scoring in the paint. His elite passing and defensive skills certainly more than compensate for his reluctance to shoot jumpers.

Comment

Shut up. You were AWOL the last two embarrassing Simmons performances.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                        Yes, but he is showing why he is so fucking special...he has been incredibly impactful despite only scoring in the paint. His elite passing and defensive skills certainly more than compensate for his reluctance to shoot jumpers.
                        Only in 2/6 games so far, and same last year against Boston. I think Brown can do him some favors, freeing up lanes for him to drive to the hoop and use the skills he currently has, but he's got to start doing his part and advancing his game offensively. If he had a damn 7-8 ft baby hook or floater he'd probably add 2-3 ppg and 1-2 to his +/-. He's got to start somewhere in moving out that range, and he has yet to do that.

Lets hope he makes it 3/7 this series.

Comment

Working...
                        X