Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about yesterday (Pre Game 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts about yesterday (Pre Game 1)

It was terrific getting back to the gayte spot. Almost like we never left. Except that they sealed the blacktop and repainted the lines, and it stunk in the summer sun.

Speaking of which, it was hot as balls out there. I don't say it often, but thank goodness for the near constant breeze in that parking lot. Without the wind, the temps would have been really brutal.

It was beyond great seeing so many of the regulars in the lot. We never get this sort of turnout during the preseason, but so many - like me - just felt the need to be there when the team took the field. Plus, we got some valuable gayting reps in. Huge props to EFinMD for having the bus (mostly) ready.

One thing I noticed is that the professional tailgate crews didn't attend, which made the atmosphere a lot nicer. One guy named Keith wandered over, looking for them because his friend told him about a setup where he could pay to tailgate. Sheesh. We offered him a couple of beverages, chatted, and told him that he was welcome to return. He felt like he wanted to pay somebody, but we declined. He said he'd bring a 30-pack when he returned for a real game.

Zubaz getting interviewed by the hot CBS 3 infobabe was fun, and Trent's daughter did a nice job of showing off the interior of the Zubus. On top of that, Marc Farzetta stopped by to chat with a few of us. We must be media darlings now, right? That was great, but it still doesn't top having Feeley, Landetta, and Willie T stop by...or Harold Carmichael randomly showing up after a game.

Before Farzetta started his interviews, I asked him if the piece he was doing was live or canned. He realized that I used the correct lingo, and asked if I was in the biz. I said I was a LONG time ago. Now that I've had time to reflect on it, I realize that my internship took place about the time he was born. Ugh...

Nate Sudfeld was okay. His reads were a little quick and questionable. Besides the dumb picks, he had some seriously open receivers that he apparently just didn't see. But a few of his throws were money, so he is what he is - 3rd string at best.

Dallas Goedert is going to be fun. He blocks, he runs great routes, and he looks to be a fine complement to Ertz. He needs to concentrate a little better on making the easy catches, though.

It's no surpise, but Fletcher Cox is a man among boys. When he was single teamed, there was just no match for him. Dude was driving people straight back or brushing them aside with abandon. I can only imagine when the full strengh of this DL takes the field. They will be a dominating force.

The stupid tackle rule needs to go away. It's being randomly enforced because nobody - even the refs - can understand it and apply it.

Since we had to make the 2 hour drive home following the game, my son and I bailed at halftime and stopped in KoP for a bite. It was the right call, as the play on the field had diminished considerably. I still didn't hit the rack until well after midnight, but I can only imagine how much of a zombie I'd be this morning if we had waited to leave. Of course, under regular game conditions, we're there until the clock reads 00:00.

I never give a shit about the score during preseason. I'm more about watching new player performance and seeing how they handle the speed of the game. I won't be at the next preseason jawn...but I'm really looking forward to opening night. It's gonna be ridiculous.

Awesome August day

Hot as Balls , but what do you expect on Blacktop in Aug. Once the sun went down it was Nice...Pleasant surprise with the camera Crews...The Zubus was the Beacon...Great to see most of the Regs..One last time before we turn the page.

As for the game, the pass rush in the 1st 2 series was orgasmic,,,they couldn't block us for shit! N the way our Db's are timing their Jumps,,,were going to need that PR big time,,,Hopefully they will get their shit together...Sudfeld was on target often,,,,too bad it was in the belly of the defender! He had a so so outing, but its game one and a 1 point ball game at half,,,and that's all that matters,,,,, No injuries hopefully....Dallas does look like a great pick considering our Draft position and losing Burton to FA... Running backs look ready already...and Peters we can't wait to get U back....Gibson was showing something on the returns as was the Blockers...decent special team night.

Great day out; lots of Fun! opener can't come soon enough..
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Preseason is what it is. Nothing to get too up or down about.

can't wait to see yous guys in October !!
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X