• Clippers land Leonard and Paul George

Wow.

NBA season is gonna be incredible.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    Wow.

NBA season is gonna be incredible.
    As long as these guys stay away from the Lakers it makes me happy

Comment

The NBA seems to take the most heat of any of the leagues. It did go through a bad period after MJ/in the 00s, but imo they have a great product right now.

I will say that I often hear wildly inaccurate NBA opinions from NBA fans, but imo that comes from the accessibility of the league and how easy it is to recognize/compare players. I also assume that ESPN still shoves the NBA down everyone's throats.

Comment

The product sucks ... and until they do something about the 3-point shot it will continue to be a moving game of HORSE
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah...so would it be safe to say that the NBA's product has now sucked for 40 years?

Comment

I KNOW MORE PEOPLE WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT THE NBA THAT DO.

THEY ALL TALK NFL, MLB, NEVER NBA, JUST DON'T CARE.

NHL IS SPLIT.

SOCCER OCCASIONALLY.

POINT BEING, UNLESS SIXERS ARE IN PLAYOFFS, NO ONE CARES IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD, AND EVEN THEN, IT'S VERY FEW.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

It's sucked since coaches realized that shooting threes are worth 50 percent more than shooting twos and are too easy to pass up ... so the fast break, moving without the ball, and the low post basically disappeared.

But hey, if you like watching 7'2'' guys shoot threes with nobody underneath, have at it.
              Last edited by slag; 07-06-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

You’re singing to the choir here slaggo

The 3 point shot has rendered basketball unwatchable.

Growing up I lived for Palestra doubleheaders every week. What a great game! Now, I’ve lost interest to the point that I no longer even watch so called March Madness. More like March Game of Horse.

I marvel looking at NBA boxscores and see that every team shoots from 40 to 60% of their total shots on 3’s. Borrrrrrrrrrring!
                "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I guess it makes me an old fart too, but level of agreement 100%. Basketball was once the beautiful game, and now it’s barely watchable.

The 19 foot abortion of a three point line in college really killed the game. It made everyone think they were Maravich.

Comment

Excellent point. The three point line has destroyed the art of rebounding, and the best rebounders were true artists.

Comment

I've heard some interesting ideas for changing it ... one I liked that sounded like it might be implemented was to move the line back a foot or two and eliminate the corner three.

The one I came up with that all my cronies have to a man thought is a good idea (but we all also agreed they'd never do) is ... every shot is worth 2 points no matter where it's from for the first three quarters and the three point line is only in effect in the 4th (and overtime if necessary).

EDITED TO ADD: Because we all know they won't totally eliminate it ... which is my first choice.
                      Last edited by slag; 07-06-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Jesus, you guys are dinosaurs!

Comment

Get off my lawn

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            The product sucks ... and until they do something about the 3-point shot it will continue to be a moving game of HORSE
                            This is curmudgeon lingo but you're not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                              The 3 point shot has rendered basketball unwatchable.

Growing up I lived for Palestra doubleheaders every week. What a great game! Now, I’ve lost interest to the point that I no longer even watch so called March Madness. More like March Game of Horse.

I marvel looking at NBA boxscores and see that every team shoots from 40 to 60% of their total shots on 3’s. Borrrrrrrrrrring!

I know it's street league now

Comment

Working...
                              X