Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profootballdoc says it's possible there is link between Wentz' knee and back problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profootballdoc says it's possible there is link between Wentz' knee and back problems

Goes something like this:

Knee problem leads to poor mechanics.

Poor mechanics leads to excessive stress on back.

Excessive stress on back leads to stress fracture in vertebra.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...213-story.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

A run game would have cured a lot of this
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

It actually goes like this

“For the record, there is no direct relationship between the ACL/LCL injuries Wentz suffered last season and the back fracture. But one could postulate an indirect link.”

What he is saying is that the knee bone is not connect to the back bone and the rest is speculation and postulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        What he is saying is that the knee bone is not connect to the back bone and the rest is speculation and postulation.
        Actually, no, that's not what he is saying.

He is saying it is possible that this injury is not due to a hit and it could be due to poor mechanics related to bringing back Wentz too early. Raptoe may be correct. Depends on the type of fracture, which none of us know.

What is yer speculation and postulation? Go on the record.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

R. Frank interview with Orthopedist

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

He is saying it is possible that this injury is not due to a hit and it could be due to poor mechanics related to bringing back Wentz too early. Raptoe may be correct. Depends on the type of fracture, which none of us know.

Kind of explains everything, and if it was an impact injury in October that caused it, that also explains his mobility issues. Good news, should be fully healed by next season, and he would only need a few weeks of rest before getting back to work. I think if Carson has a healthy offseason, where he can work on his game instead of rehabbing injuries, he will return to form next season. Sit him for now...

Q: Can you give us some background on the injury Carson suffered and just some basics on how serious it is?
          A: “There are non-operative vertebral, primary bones that stack in the back, separated by the discs. If they’re saying it’s a fracture, one of those blocks is compressed down a little bit. Which is very difficult to diagnose. Sometimes you don’t see it until the bone starts to heal, which could have been the delay in the CAT Scan (revealing a fracture). Picture a Rubik’s cube and the top is sort of compressed down a little bit. Sometimes you won’t see that or notice that on a CAT Scan or on other imaging until it starts to heal and you see other bone starts to develop around it. It’s either that or there are little projections of bone that come off to the sides or off to the back that help support some of the muscles.

If it’s one of those, you might also not see it until the same type of healing process (begins) or if the bone moves a little bit you can see it. Any of those are A) non-operative and B) are extremely irritating to the muscles in the back. So (you get) the muscle spasms, soreness, tightness, however you want to describe it. And all of them heal with time and none of them should be a permanent problem moving forward as far as A) re-injury or B) coming across difficulty moving forward. It’s just symptom management and time to heal.”

Q: What’s the treatment for an injury like this?
          A: “Rest and gentle stretching to begin with and then going through the physical therapy and really getting back that full range of motion. But the first thing you need to do is let that inflammation subside and that’s the rest portion. And only he and the trainers and doctors treating him are going to know when he’s symptom-free to then begin to put him back through normal range of motion and normal workouts and eventually back into play.”

Q: What causes an injury like this?
          A: “Usually, these type of injuries are impact related. They’re not related to repetitive motion or repetitive stress. When you think of the healthy professional athlete and non-operative, it’s usually one of these types of injuries. Impact or trauma.”

Q: Could Carson play right now?
          A: “I think the biggest risk is continually irritating it and having pain and muscle spasms and soreness and then the question is, does that pain and soreness affect his play on the field? And then how long do you prolong those symptoms and prolong the recovery afterwards by playing through it?”

Q: How long a recovery time are we looking at?
          A: “You’re looking at (a few) weeks type of range. The biggest problem right now is how long is the Eagles’ season? If there’s a playoffs involved and they make a deep run in the playoffs, can he come back? I don’t see a reason why not if he’s symptom-free. If it’s just regular season, is he able to be symptom-free and get back on the field and do everything he wants to do at 100 percent in a couple weeks after this (Rams) game? That becomes a question.”

Q: How long does it take for the actual fracture to heal?
          A: “To fully heal, a fracture can be anywhere from six to nine months, so you’re not really waiting for the fracture itself to heal solid. What you’re waiting for is the symptoms (to stop). You’re waiting for the body to stabilize it so there’s no motion of the bone. That means no inflammation. No inflammation means no muscle spasms and you can get back into motion.”

Q: Carson initially had symptoms in October. Why wouldn’t the fracture appear on a scan back then?
          A: “Some of these fractures are slight enough that you don’t see them until they start to heal and start to form more bone around them. Then all of a sudden you start to see on repeat scans, ‘Oh wait a second, there might have been something here, because now we’re seeing healing.’ Not being privy to the studies that were done, it’s speculation, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it showed nothing six weeks ago and now it shows a fracture.”

Q: So what you see on the scan isn’t the fracture?
          A: “Exactly. We call it bony callous. That’s where bone starts to form around the fracture to stabilize it. Often, that’s what we’re seeing.”
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I’ll go on record and hope for the minimal

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Vertebrae fracture that your article suggests we hope for, and as the R. Frank interview below suggests.

I would love to give you a more specific post but I just don’t have the time, especially from a phone. I will concede that my desire to quote a simplistic, literal interuptation of a nursery rhyme was fun, hopefully irritating, but certainly unfair.

For me it’s not about being right, or someone else being wrong, or placating my ego. Its just that I get perplexed and frustrated with “what I perceive” as quick judgement and speculation without reasonable, substantiated facts.

I’m cautious this way. I don’t like the WIP mentality that froths up and becomes a potential narrative that can, however slightly, impact reality.

Comment

Vertebrae fracture that your article suggests we hope for, and as the R. Frank interview below suggests.

I would love to give you a more specific post but I just don’t have the time, especially from a phone. I will concede that my desire to quote a simplistic, literal interuptation of a nursery rhyme was fun, hopefully irritating, but certainly unfair.

For me it’s not about being right, or someone else being wrong, or placating my ego. Its just that I get perplexed and frustrated with “what I perceive” as quick judgement and speculation without reasonable, substantiated facts.

I’m cautious this way. I don’t like the WIP mentality that froths up and becomes a potential narrative that can, however slightly, impact reality.
              BORING
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Oh please....

....we all know since you had your new “D” implants installed your mechanics have been off, unbalanced, and just plain awkward. The constant starring downward with moments of spontaneous groping have thrown you completely off your game.

I’m amazed how you cannot see the correlation between yourself and Wentz’s issue.

Truly shameful.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I fell asleep re-reading.

Comment

follow up:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...214-story.html

Basically, it makes sense why it wasn't picked up right away as stress fractures in the back really do develop slowly. Good stuff

Here's the money shot:

Once healed, Wentz should not have issues going forward. The important thing is to get the fracture to heal, and that requires patience like watching grass grow.
                    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-14-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

OFF THE FUCKIN’ GLASS! I CALLED IT BITCHES!

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      follow up:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...214-story.html

Basically, it makes sense why it wasn't picked up right away as stress fractures in the back really do develop slowly. Good stuff

Here's the money shot:
                      IN RAPTOR’S FUCKIN’ FACE!

WHAT’S UP, HUH?

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP?

A crossover and then a step back over the 3 line ? Who does that?

I’ll tell ya... this guy!

Comment

-clank-

IN RAPTOR’S FUCKIN’ FACE!

WHAT’S UP, HUH?

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP?

A crossover and then a step back over the 3 line ? Who does that?

I’ll tell ya... this guy!
                        ...and no it’s not your Momma’s head board again.

From the same article:

There is no direct link to Wentz’s recovery from his severe knee injury last December, but it could be theorized if he is not stepping into throws and arching his back more to get power, it could lead to more stress in the back.

My point all along...possible additional injuries could occur from favoring a leg.

We will never really know, maybe Wentz and his personal trainers have that info.

Just glad it was not an impact break.

Speculation regurgitation.
                        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I was ask to speculate

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          ...and no it’s not your Momma’s head board again.

From the same article:

There is no direct link to Wentz’s recovery from his severe knee injury last December, but it could be theorized if he is not stepping into throws and arching his back more to get power, it could lead to more stress in the back.

My point all along...possible additional injuries could occur from favoring a leg.

We will never really know, maybe Wentz and his personal trainers have that info.

Just glad it was not an impact break.

Speculation regurgitation.
                          ... and the next thing I know, I’m walking over you like Iverson against LA.

I think one thing we can agree on is that these speculations make for great geighbacks. People get all pissy and defensive, too! The “it’s out of context”. Is a person favorite.

Comment

Anything is possible. Could have slipped in the shower.

Lets just hope Cardon isn't one of these always injured guys.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I just read somewhere that he had a stress fracture in college...

Comment

Working...
                              X