Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think the Eagles may have rushed Wentz back too soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Eagles may have rushed Wentz back too soon.

Just my opinion.

Also interesting to note that Foles apparently gets $125K bonus for each game he starts and another $125K for each game he wins and this money will count against the salary cap for next year.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I was saying it all along

not to bring him back till late Oct or Nov,,,but everyone was all,,,, he's ahead of Schedule!!!

Its not like we didn't have a decent backup.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

... and the knee bone is connected to the... back bone!

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
        not to bring him back till late Oct or Nov,,,but everyone was all,,,, he's ahead of Schedule!!!

Its not like we didn't have a decent backup.
        This year may have been shot from the get go.

I believe it takes players at least one year to fully come back from ACL repair surgery. But also note that Wentz' injury was more complicated /worse than many ACL injuries.

None of us really know Wentz status but this will be used against Wentz in contract negotiations, no doubt.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agreed they didn't need to rush him back - should have just let Foles continue on the year was already rocky from the jump with all of the injuries etc.

What is more frustrating is the lack of addressing the run game and supporting Wentz. All the pressure is on him, perceived or reality it is, was, Wentz's reality.

We (yes) a bell cow RB, at this point I don't give a FF, bring in Bell or Hunt for next year and let's go!

Comment

No question. His “stats” can be used as a defense but the eyeball test said otherwise. Something has been off all year physically.

Just hope he doesn’t end up like Bob Griffin.

Comment

I found it interesting to hear Derrick Gunn mention last evening that he was aware of Wentz's health issue a while back, but he was asked to not disclose it.

Comment

My back hurts every morning ... please don't disclose that shit, ok?
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Actually it is....

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  ... and the knee bone is connected to the... back bone!
                  ....it’s not unusual fo people with severe leg injuries to begin favoring one side which in turn creates stress on the back.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Yeah but you are an old fart

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    My back hurts every morning ... please don't disclose that shit, ok?
                    ....it comes with the territory therefore assumed.
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I'm not playing NFL football either
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I remember reading Tim Greene’s book

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        I'm not playing NFL football either
                        ...back in the early nineties He said something like get in a car, put on your seatbelt, go 40 mph and run into a wall. Then repeat 1 week later for 16 weeks.

Comment

Exactly. Will be interesting to hear if it's muscular (likely from favoring one side) or totally unconnected. He's taken some pretty nasty shots this year, and that one from Gregory looked like it could have impacted his back.
                          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Actually it’s not

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                            ....it’s not unusual fo people with severe leg injuries to begin favoring one side which in turn creates stress on the back.
                            But who am I to stop you from speculating like the rest

Comment

That haven’t been specific so it’s all speculative

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                              Exactly. Will be interesting to hear if it's muscular (likely from favoring one side) or totally unconnected. He's taken some pretty nasty shots this year, and that one from Gregory looked like it could have impacted his back.
                              for the moment, could be a variety of things.

The eye raising thing has been his lack of mobility or unwillingness to utilize it and the timing of this declared “injury “.

Comment

Working...
                              X