Cesar
    Hoskins
    Harper
    Machado
    JTR
    McCutcheon
    Odubel
    Segura

Time for Klentak to lock all doors and windows and bring this plane in for a landing!!!
    Get Machado and forget Harper, you still have Williams and Quinn, plus you can trade for another OF when you get rid of Franco. less than 2 years Trout will be hear bank on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
      Harper will be a Phillie.
      The Phillies’ offer has been collecting dust on the shelf for a month, why?
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        The Phillies’ offer has been collecting dust on the shelf for a month, why?
        Why? Because Scott Boras is trying to milk them for more by creating the illusion that there is competition for his services.

Comment

I really think Boras/Lozano and the Phillies are playing a big game here, there's no way Harper leaves hundreds of millions of dollars on the table to get a 2-3 year deal on a west coast team.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/stor...-machado-chase

The above article is a pretty interesting read. If you don't have ESPN Insider, below are some of the highlights:

Agents and executives not involved believe the Phillies are in a position of strength. “If you’re the Phillies and you don’t believe you have [serious] competition for both of them, you’re just sitting and waiting,” said one agent. “Even if one of them signs [with another team], the other guy probably needs you, at your number.”

* Some of the executives and agents not involved in the talks also wonder about whether the public entrant of a supposed bidder could be read by the Phillies and White Sox and any other team serious involved as a sign of weakness, rather than strength. In recent days, public reports have linked Harper and Machado to the San Diego Padres, a franchise that doesn’t seem close to contention; Harper met with the Padres. “If I’m in [Boras’] position, I’m working like crazy to make sure that doesn’t [leak] out,” said one club official, “because it smells desperate. It makes it seem like you don’t have as much as you thought you would.”
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
            I really think Boras/Lozano and the Phillies are playing a big game here, there's no way Harper leaves hundreds of millions of dollars on the table to get a 2-3 year deal on a west coast team.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/stor...-machado-chase

The above article is a pretty interesting read. If you don't have ESPN Insider, below are some of the highlights:

Agents and executives not involved believe the Phillies are in a position of strength. “If you’re the Phillies and you don’t believe you have [serious] competition for both of them, you’re just sitting and waiting,” said one agent. “Even if one of them signs [with another team], the other guy probably needs you, at your number.”

* Some of the executives and agents not involved in the talks also wonder about whether the public entrant of a supposed bidder could be read by the Phillies and White Sox and any other team serious involved as a sign of weakness, rather than strength. In recent days, public reports have linked Harper and Machado to the San Diego Padres, a franchise that doesn’t seem close to contention; Harper met with the Padres. “If I’m in [Boras’] position, I’m working like crazy to make sure that doesn’t [leak] out,” said one club official, “because it smells desperate. It makes it seem like you don’t have as much as you thought you would.”
            That all makes more sense. That's why I put sneer quotes around "reports". Obviously, the market isn't what they expected them to be and Boras is in a position where he needs to save face. But so's Klentak, and Boras is going to try to squeeze every drop out of him.

I just hope it's over soon. This is beyond tiresome. And missing ST is no way to start a rebound season with a new club (and massive expectations) for Harper.
            Last edited by The Duck; 02-08-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X