No announcement yet.

Interesting dilemma for McNabb haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This, exactly. McNabb needed to go ELITE for twice as long as he was, or have won a ring, to make the HOF. Even in his years as an ELITE QB, he only posted great numbers once, and he even posted pretty bad numbers once.

Comment

MCWORMER IS JUST YAPPIN TO GET PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT HIM AGAIN..

I'M NOT A 5 HATER BY ANY MEANS, BUT MAN HE MAKES IT DIFFICULT.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
        I agree that Eli will get in, but it's a travesty in my opinion. Even in the two Super Bowl years, halfway into both of them, their own fans were calling for his head. He had two legendary half seasons/playoff runs. It should take more to be a HOF'er.

He'll get in because of name, playing in NY and the two Super Bowls, and his longevity. The fact that outside of the two Super Bowl years, he's only led his team to the playoffs 4 other times in a 15 YR Career and is 0-4 in those other playoff appearances should disqualify him. Add to that only 4 pro bowl selections in 15 years in an era when at least 8 QB's a year get the distinction is ridiculous. (3 plus the two SB QBs)
        I can't disagree with anything you said here.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The funny thing is those two Super Bowls demonstrated how being a slack-jawed yokel actually worked to Eli’s benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            A few things about McNabb from my perspective:

He did throw a lot of balls into the ground. Wormburners. He may have been coached to do that... I don't know. He had a powerful arm.
            I argued this point for years. How many times did we see McNabb hit his garbage WRs in the numbers only for them to pop the ball up and get picked off, especially early in his career. By throwing low they would knock the ball to the ground if they didn't catch it. I believe he was either coached to throw it low or he decided that was the safer play.

That said McNabb did not have a HOF career. For a brief window he was one of if not the most dangerous QB's in the league, But he did not do it the traditional way and his success was not sustained enough for the HOF.

Comment

Working...
            X