When Does it start damaging the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Does it start damaging the league

always having the same team there in the end,,,People become disinterested.
    I have tons of Text coming in all flaming on NE...One guy saying if they win this one Brady and Belitcheat retire.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
    I have tons of Text coming in all flaming on NE...One guy saying if they win this one Brady and Belitcheat retire.
    MLB has survived the Yankees, the NBA has survived the Celtics. The league will be fine.

Comment

Makes the Eagles win all that much sweeter. Lombardi’s Packers and this Pats dynasty team with a 57 year drought in between. Go figure.

Comment

Dynasties are good for a sport

It always s good to have a team you really want to beast.

You, for one, was very glad we played the Pats last year. Made the win that much sweeter.

Would you really feel as good beating the Jaguars as the Pats?
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

You, for one, was very glad we played the Pats last year. Made the win that much sweeter.

It’s going to be even sweeter when we beat them again next year.

Comment

MY GUT FEELING IS BRADY RETIRES, ENDS UP IN BOOTH SOMEWHERE NEXT TO AIKMAN AFTER A YEAR OFF.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Now

I’m not taking the day after off. I’m not making any Superbowl plans. I am not nearly as interested as I would have been if it were ANYBODY else on the AFC side. With that said, it does make the Eagles win that much more impressive. Also, had the Eagles made and lost to the Patriots this year, last year’s victory would have been ruined.

Comment

I despise the Patriots. I don't know that I'm going to really watch the game. But I think I want them to win because it makes the Eagles victory more impressive.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                  The SB ratings will be very interesting. Will more people watch because they wanna see the Pats lose or will less people watch because they are simply playing in the game?

Comment

A win is a win but beating the Evil axis made it that much better

and who doesn't want the Chance to Avenge a loss....My point is many folks will not be watching the game in 2 weeks because of the Pats and I get it.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

The Falcons really shit the bed

if the Rams can beat umm this year they would be the New Bills!
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

The Pats' 10 year gap between titles makes them different from other dynasties. It seemed like a very real possibility that 2004 would be their last SB. It took miracles for them to win in 2014 and 2016. They've never seemed like as much of a lock for the SB as the 90s Bulls or the current Warriors for the NBA finals. This year is the first time I've been a little bored by the Pats in SB, but I think that's because Pats Rams was the least entertaining matchup to me of all the possibilities.

In short, yeah, it's gotten a little old, but it's not the same as the cream inevitably rising to the top with stacked MLB or NBA teams.

Comment

The AFC was sacked in the early part of the decade and now they win because the division and rest of their conference is mediocre. Tale of two teams.
                          Last edited by 1960; 01-21-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

No way is Giselle letting Brady broadcast or coach, not that I think he would be doing either.

Comment

level of agreement

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

100%

Sports don't survive dynasties, they thrive in them. People like knowing who da bad guys are. the AFC CG was the highest rated television program since last year's super bowl. Everyone will be on the Rams this year (except the Saints fans, haha) like last year, everyone was on the birds (except the Viqueens fans, haha).

Comment

Working...
                              X