Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Green Bay article

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay

Wow. You read this and it's surprising they even won one Lombardi.

Rodgers - Kobe/Jordan without the leadership qualities and accountability

McCarthy - a stock you buy at how smart he is and sell at how smart he thinks he is

Thompson - auditioning for the next Weekend at Bernie's sequel

Personally, I put the lion's share of the blame on McCarthy and Thompson. At the end of the day, you have a once-in-a-lifetime talent at QB. You have to figure out a way to make that work.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay

Wow. You read this and it's surprising they even won one Lombardi.

Rodgers - Kobe/Jordan without the leadership qualities and accountability

McCarthy - a stock you buy at how smart he is and sell at how smart he thinks he is

Thompson - auditioning for the next Weekend at Bernie's sequel

Personally, I put the lion's share of the blame on McCarthy and Thompson. At the end of the day, you have a once-in-a-lifetime talent at QB. You have to figure out a way to make that work.
    Rodgers seems like a giant POS. QB's are probably like that in general but with everything that came out about his relationship with his family, the term "toxic" would apply to him. So incredibly talented but giant POS.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

It's hard to read that and come away with a positive impression. I still think the reality of sports is that you have to figure out ways to deal with that.

There's crazy stuff in there, though. Changing 1/3 of the plays and telling rookie receivers to run different routes - and then freezing them out if they have the audacity to run the play the coach called. Toxic indeed.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-05-2019, 03:32 PM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's hard to read that and come away with a positive impression. I still think the reality of sports is that you have to figure out ways to deal with that.

There's crazy stuff in there, though. Changing 1/3 of the plays and telling rookie receivers to run different routes - and then freezing them out if they have the audacity to run the play the coach called. Toxic indeed.
        Yeah, no doubt he has amazing talent but he seems like he sucks as a member of the locker room.

I keep thinking about the Wentz stuff and thinking like...what if what was said was a bit true (which I think Wentz said that some of it was) and maybe he takes some things to heart and works on being a better teammate. I think Pederson and Wentz both acknowledged some of those things. Also, doesn't seem like Pederson is as much of a dipsh!t as McCarthy and Wentz is as much of a POS as Rodgers.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Not a knock on you guys because I saw the article

out there, too.

But it’s all hair salon talk. Unnamed sources and the autho... what’s a real man suppose to think of this shit?

Comment

Several former teammates of Rodgers' spoke on the record in this article. That's what makes it so interesting.

While Rodgers deserves his share of the blame, this article seems to confirm that McCarthy was as bad a coach as everyone thought he was.

Thompson also deserves a lot of the blame. I remember him bragging about his philosophy on signing guys to top contracts when the Aaron Rodgers show was at its peak. He lucked into the most skilled QB ever and started believing in himself too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              out there, too.

But it’s all hair salon talk. Unnamed sources and the autho... what’s a real man suppose to think of this shit?
              Shut up whore.

Comment

Pretty sure these traits are what caused Rodgers to fall in the draft

Comment

Right

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  Several former teammates of Rodgers' spoke on the record in this article. That's what makes it so interesting.
                  and there's the difference with the Wentz stuff. Although, Wentz is entering year 4 and the list of former teammates who could be recognized and still want to shit on him is pretty limited.

Also, JP is universally regarded in the locker room and has a direct line to Jeffy. If shit smelled rotten, I think jeffy would know. Of course, Wentz doesn't have a new deal yet, but they also let Foles walk.
                  Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-05-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I have said this before but I never have liked Aaron Rodgers. He always came across to me as a douchebag.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                    X