X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machado watch

Jayson Stark was on 97.5 today and said:

1) Orioles have a handshake agreement to trade Machado

2) "I would just say I don’t think the people that cover the Phillies will be laying on the beach Wednesday or Thursday"

3) Phillies are favorite to land him

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

2) "I would just say I don’t think the people that cover the Phillies will be laying on the beach Wednesday or Thursday"

I just hope they don't lose out on him long term.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Won't happen, but if it does, Britton would be ideal as well

Comment

Lefty reliever is my primary request. they really need one and they just DFAed/traded Hoby Milner.

Latest rumor I heard was Adonis Medina and Jhalyn Ortiz for Machado. True if Big.

Comment

Sounding more and more likely. Hopefully they have a longer term deal in place.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Lefty reliever is my primary request. they really need one and they just DFAed/traded Hoby Milner.

Latest rumor I heard was Adonis Medina and Jhalyn Ortiz for Machado. True if Big.
            My belief is with you... Phillies need a middle reliever... preferably left handed.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Britton would be a nice addition, but I bet they'd have to include Gamboa and Kilome on top of Medina and Ortiz (regardless of whether Britton's included), which would be kind of a lot.

I'm really torn on Machado because he's a 26 year old star player in a career year and his bat would automatically improve this team dramatically.

I also feel like he's going to want to test FA to see how much money he can command and I think his lackadaisical/bratty attitude might not resonate with Philly and that could leave a bad taste in his mouth entering FA, if the fans sour on him for not running out ground balls or something.
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Eat shit. There is nothing lackadaisical or bratty about Machado. Seriously. Eat shit.

Comment

That so?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...618-story.html
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That story is over two years old. He has matured into a leader and a superstar, not just a star. He would instantly be one of the Top 10 players to ever wear red pinstripes.

Comment

Yeah ... well it's the first one that came up on a simple google search of many.

Including a recent one in which a "lifelong" Oriole fan called him that exact word in the comment section of a trade rumor site.

I don't really know, but it appears there is some smoke there and telling someone to eat shit because they've heard it also is a bit over the fucking top.
                      Last edited by slag; 07-16-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                        That story is over two years old. He has matured into a leader and a superstar, not just a star. He would instantly be one of the Top 10 players to ever wear red pinstripes.
                        TOP 10 EVER? THAT'S A BOLD STATEMENT. EVER IS A LONG TIME.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

The biggest problem with getting Manny Machado

is that he'll see about as many hittable pitches as Harper is seeing this year.

Comment

I'd be ok if they didn't make a move for Machado this season. I'm not sure four prospects would be worth a few months. If the Phils make the deal, he would most likely have more leverage knowing they have to overspend to keep him around. This would be a lot easier decision if it was for Trout.

Comment

I don't know anything about Machado except he appears to be a hell of an athlete and only wants to play short.

The Phillies need power badly, but I wouldn't want to blow a bunch of prospects either for a rental.

And, yes, Trout would be an easier decision because he's probably the best player in the game and would likely give a hometown discount.

Comment

Working...
                              X