No announcement yet.

Just got my tickets was warned about next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNTIL YOUR PHONE BREAKS, DROP IT, BATTERY RUNS OUT BLAH BLAH.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      UNTIL YOUR PHONE BREAKS, DROP IT, BATTERY RUNS OUT BLAH BLAH.
      If anything like that happens you just go to the box office and they look up your account info. Digital tickets help prevent ticket fraud on the second market and make losing your tickets 1000x less likely since your tickets are always attached to your account.

If theyre going to go digital though, they need to get rid of convenience fees. Convenience of what? To run my credit card and post a QR code to my account. I know it wont happen but shits stupid.

Yeah, It sucks not having stubs but for concerts and stuff that I know Ill want to have a stub Ill just pay the money to have them printed and shipped. Red Rocks started printing off a little stub for you when you scan your phone to get in which is better than nothing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
        If anything like that happens you just go to the box office and they look up your account info. Digital tickets help prevent ticket fraud on the second market and make losing your tickets 1000x less likely since your tickets are always attached to your account.

If theyre going to go digital though, they need to get rid of convenience fees. Convenience of what? To run my credit card and post a QR code to my account. I know it wont happen but shits stupid.

Yeah, It sucks not having stubs but for concerts and stuff that I know Ill want to have a stub Ill just pay the money to have them printed and shipped. Red Rocks started printing off a little stub for you when you scan your phone to get in which is better than nothing I guess.
        It is true that it is very easy for a fraudster to print as many copies of a pdf ticket as they would like.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

If you try and reprint, the original barcode becomes invalid, but you could certainly copy it as many times as possible and sell them. Thats how I pay for my Bahamas trip every fall.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            I'm not sure this is the case. I can currently bring up my ticket using the app, and then save it out to my Apple Wallet. When I go in, I have the QR code on my phone, but I'm not running the Eagles app at all. And I can forward/share the Apple Wallet ticket to my son with no issues.
            I see the app asks me to "enable localization services". That sounds like tracking.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I have no doubt that the app uses location services, as most apps do. But using the app isn't a requirement for entry. Like I said, you can save the e-ticket off to your wallet anytime before the event, and I suspect that you can also just take a screen shot of the QR code, totally shut down the Eagles app, and still get in using the image of the ticket code. The people at the gate just scan the phone, and they don't give a shit how it's displaying the QR code.

Comment

Some people simply don't have Smartphones, nor will they ever. Some of these people are SBL owners, and more come as guests of SBL owners -- and my be seated in a completely different area of the stadium. I own four (4) SBLs that are split 2 & 2 -- when bringing guests without a SP, getting them back into their aisle every time they leave their seats is not practical.

I don't recall anything in the T&C's of my SBLs indicating that a Smartphone or any other electronic device was required to gain access to my seats.

I have no issue paying a print fee, but if the Eagles make good on their threat to go all digital, I suspect there will be lawyers.

Personally, I have no issue using a SP, but it doesn't work for everyone.
                Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
                  Some people simply don't have Smartphones, nor will they ever. Some of these people are SBL owners, and more come as guests of SBL owners -- and my be seated in a completely different area of the stadium. I own four (4) SBLs that are split 2 & 2 -- when bringing guests without a SP, getting them back into their aisle every time they leave their seats is not practical.

I don't recall anything in the T&C's of my SBLs indicating that a Smartphone or any other electronic device was required to gain access to my seats.

I have no issue paying a print fee, but if the Eagles make good on their threat to go all digital, I suspect there will be lawyers.

Personally, I have no issue using a SP, but it doesn't work for everyone.
                  lol yeah I bet lawyers will be all over that. Im sure once you get your digital ticket scanned you will get a stub for your seat. Im also sure there will be a way to get your tickets for the 3 people who dont own smart phones in the year 2018, like you know, will call or something.
                  Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-09-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Im sure once you get your digital ticket scanned you will get a stub for your seat.
                    I'm not aware of anyone ever getting a stub once their digital ticket is scanned.

Im also sure there will be a way to get your tickets for the 3 people who dont own smart phones in the year 2018, like you know, will call or something.
                    One would think so, but that does not align with what The Eagles are currently communicating to customers. Also, will call would be a real PIA.
                    Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

Working...
                    X