Just got my tickets was warned about next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my tickets was warned about next year

We have 28 seats together. The guy whose name they are under went to the ticket office and they printed them out. they told him its the last time. Next year all electronic tickets. they told hm he wont be able to email them and have them printed either...who knows?

anyone hear anything? Sounds like its going to be pain in the ass.

Originally posted by Clemson Foreaker View Post
    We have 28 seats together. The guy whose name they are under went to the ticket office and they printed them out. they told him its the last time. Next year all electronic tickets. they told hm he wont be able to email them and have them printed either...who knows?

anyone hear anything? Sounds like its going to be pain in the ass.
    How is having a barcode on your phone scanned at the gate a pain in the ass?

Comment

Never had a problem with the Eagles, but I have had a few glitches with e tickets in the past (Amtrak, soccer at the Linc). If the vendor’s app malfunctions it sucks.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

P.S. This is not a problem for me as I only have two tickets.

But if you have a large group I can see how it would be easier to print them out in advance and distribute them at a gayte.You could have no-shows, last minute changes, etc.

I think the bottom line is the team just wants to be tracking as much as possible on their app. They probably would like each ticket assigned to a different cell phone tracking you around the stadium. Knowing when you entered, when you leave, where you went, etc.

I would say at least continue to give the customer the option to print out a pdf file based ticket on their own dime. I always feel better having a paper based backup even if I don't use it. The times I have had problems, I didn't have such a backup.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
          How is having a barcode on your phone scanned at the gate a pain in the ass?
          REALLY? DID YOU READ IT? HE SAID ALL 28 TICKETS ARE IN ONE NAME AND WON'T BE ABLE TO E MAIL THEM. YEA THAT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS THEY ARE ALL IN ONE NAME, THEREFORE ONLY ONE ACCOUNT. HE'S GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE EVERYONE HIS ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD TO HIS ACCOUNT SO THEY CAN GET IN AND GET THEIR OWN TICKETS.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 08-07-2018, 01:06 AM.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            P.S. This is not a problem for me as I only have two tickets.

But if you have a large group I can see how it would be easier to print them out in advance and distribute them at a gayte.You could have no-shows, last minute changes, etc.

I think the bottom line is the team just wants to be tracking as much as possible on their app. They probably would like each ticket assigned to a different cell phone tracking you around the stadium. Knowing when you entered, when you leave, where you went, etc.

I would say at least continue to give the customer the option to print out a pdf file based ticket on their own dime. I always feel better having a paper based backup even if I don't use it. The times I have had problems, I didn't have such a backup.
            DAMN RIGHT. I WANT PAPER TICKETS. NOT THAT I HAVE AN ISSUE GIVING MY ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD NUMBER TO MY TICKET BROTHER, I DON'T. I TRUST HIM 100%. IMAGINE 28 PEOPLE HAVING IT, AND SOMETHING GOING WRONG IN THE ACCOUNT? THAT CREATES BIG PROBLEMS IN MY BOOK.

Comment

Something doesn't sound right about the no emailing part. We can currently transfer tickets electronically to people using their email address (which I do with my nephew all the time), and I don't see that feature going away.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I'm not sure this is the case. I can currently bring up my ticket using the app, and then save it out to my Apple Wallet. When I go in, I have the QR code on my phone, but I'm not running the Eagles app at all. And I can forward/share the Apple Wallet ticket to my son with no issues.

Comment

this is what i see as the problem

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                  Something doesn't sound right about the no emailing part. We can currently transfer tickets electronically to people using their email address (which I do with my nephew all the time), and I don't see that feature going away.
                  drawing from experience on the MLB ballpark app, where the Phillies have their spring and fall pass system, it's really just one device. I split 4 "passes" with a buddy and it's kind of a pita (although we both have the app) to use the same account (which we have to).

I imagine the NFL will go towards a similar "app system" which will, among other things, limit transfers of tickets and/or only allow them through the ticket exchange (hmmmmmmm).

Also, I like the physical tickets and stubs and it's a shame they're going away. I understand it, but I will miss them. I try to get traditional tickets when possible (harder and harder).

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    THIS YEAR I ALSO PAID THE EXTRA CASH TO GET PRINTED TICKETS. I DO NOT HAVE AN E-MAIL ON MY PHONE, DON'T WANT ONE, TO BIG A PAIN IN THE ASS.
                    SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO TRANSFER TICKETS TO GREGG VIA PHONE. HE'LL NEED MY ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD WHICH, LIKE I SAID I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH.

THE TICKETS ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE TICKETS, NOT SHEETS OF PAPER.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 08-07-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

You dont need email on phone just the app greg has email to receive the tix
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

this is the way ticketing is moving fwd across all platforms. I'm not saying it to be mean, but its time to adapt.
                        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I HAVE MANY SEASON TICKETS FRAMED. LAST YEAR AT VET, FIRST YEAR AT LINC AND FIRST YEAR AT CITIZENS BANK, NFC TITLE YEAR, ETC. SUCKS NO MORE TICKETS. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE SUPER BOWL YEAR SEASON TICKETS.

Comment

I wonder if the guys at the end of the 95 off ramp will now have you text them your extras for cash.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It’s fantastic. We visited Wrigley in April and bought the tix and parking pass in the car on the way. Two quick scans was all it took. One less thing to lose. I’m getting to the point where I get pissed if I have to print something.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X