No announcement yet.

This team has a collective IQ of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have thrown my shoe through the television when Doug went for it on fourth down right before the half versus the Vagiants.

The Eagles did OK.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      I could have thrown my shoe through the television when Doug went for it on fourth down right before the half versus the Vagiants.

The Eagles did OK.
      Yep, as I noted before, I don't give a flying fuck about style. I care about results and this team, led by Gabe rather than Grandpa Pete, has delivered to this point.

The fact they are 10-4-2 in their last 16 series speaks volumes.
      Last edited by 06hawkalum; 08-01-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I hate new school baseball ... and Doug, for all his aggressive unconventional play, at least runs the fucking ball (old school) way more than his mentor did.

I'm actually impressed that he runs Chip's new school RPO shit with old school huddles.

At least Gabe used Dominguez like a conventional closer last night.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You have zero idea what Mackanin would have done with this team ... and your choice of "Grandpa" as a descriptive term for him contradicts your alleged proclivity for zero fucks about style.
          Last edited by slag; 08-01-2018, 08:41 AM. Reason: punctuation error
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

They shoukd have won Monday. I was SMH at the base running. Herrera and hoskins. Blame tge coach and 3rd base coach and the players. This is the fing MLB, not teeball. But I will take the win last night. Now that the DC team had runs. They are the next best team in baseball. Whatever. Go phills.

Comment

Arrieta is pitching like a #1 and Santana is a top 3/4 offensive contributor on the team. You're a moron if you think Klentak's subtle acquisitions haven't played a part in why the Phils are in first.

I think Kapler's approach has definitely contributed to the Phillies success, but I also think a lot of the Phillies' Ls have come from Gabe's absurd management of the bullpen and his defensive shifts/team's defensive mistakes, which I believe fall on him.

For now, he gets a pass, but I'd hate him a lot more if the Phillies weren't in first.
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Phils never trailed while taking the field vs the best team in baseball.

Pretty impressive even if they split the series.

I think Gabe's positivity bullshit is grating, but I can't deny the results. Managers get too much blame and credit, but they team is playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                  Yep, as I noted before, I don't give a flying fuck about style. I care about results and this team, led by Gabe rather than Grandpa Pete, has delivered to this point.

The fact they are 10-4-2 in their last 16 series speaks volumes.
                  Slag has never lost an argument! You may now exit his court room!
                  I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                  X