I still miss going to Lehigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still miss going to Lehigh

Making a few days of it. Hanging with the board brothers. Doing our camp reports as if we are reporters. Picking out 1 or 2 guys that you really like to make the team. The smell of wet, humid, air. Browsing the tent of merchandise. Going into town and running into playet or coaches.Ahhh good times.I wonder if they will ever bring it back.

Probably not and it’s probably from a healthcare perspective. A guy gets hurt, he’s gotta ride in a car to a hospital or novacare. The way it is now, they have everything they need on site.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Probably not and it’s probably from a healthcare perspective. A guy gets hurt, he’s gotta ride in a car to a hospital or novacare. The way it is now, they have everything they need on site.
      i think is just more cost effective to run it this way. They are paying for the NovaCare facility no matter what (I'm so old I remember when it was the Naval hospital).

Hopefully someday in the future they will do something similar to what they did with the Lombardi trophy photo ops. Let a limited number of various season ticket members in on different days.

I can't say enough about how great the Eagles handled the Lombardy photo op.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Probably doesn’t hurt to keep the prying eyes out either

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        i think is just more cost effective to run it this way. They are paying for the NovaCare facility no matter what (I'm so old I remember when it was the Naval hospital).

Hopefully someday in the future they will do something similar to what they did with the Lombardi trophy photo ops. Let a limited number of various season ticket members in on different days.

I can't say enough about how great the Eagles handled the Lombardy photo op.
        ....in case anyone is inspired by the Bellicheat method of scouting other teams.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          ....in case anyone is inspired by the Bellicheat method of scouting other teams.
          I was thinking the same.

But you could reduce the risk by only allowing a limited number of season ticket members in on different days. I think the Ravens do something like this.

Remember back when the littlest telemarketer tried to charge for training camp?
          --------

Comment

T.O.'S FIRST YEAR THAT PLACE WAS RIDICULOUS. IT WAS A MADHOUSE....25,000 SHOWING UP FOR PRACTICE, WE TALKIN BOUT PRACTICE, NOT A GAME, NOT A GAME, WE TALKIN BOUT PRACTICE.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Yeah, a good point as well.

I regret not going to training camps when I lived up there. I was just talking about this today. I really regret that.

Comment

They never won the SB with training camp in Lehigh
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  Yeah, a good point as well.

I regret not going to training camps when I lived up there. I was just talking about this today. I really regret that.
                  THAT'S A SHAME YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT UP THERE. IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE.

WEST CHESTER WAS DIFFERENT. SAT UP ABOVE PRACTICE ON A HILL . COULD GET SUPER CLOSE TO THE PLAYERS COMING AND GOING TO FIELD.
                  WENT THERE MANY TIMES.

AT LEHIGH A LOT OF THEM WENT TO COPPERHEADS AFTER WORK.
                  Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 07-29-2018, 10:25 PM.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Ode to the Days of

Wings over lehigh"

loved going there,,,hot as balls but truely got to here the pop pop of the 1 week of camp,,and meet the players every step of the way....
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Oh palm to head, duh, why didn't I think of that. Of course that's the reason. Smurt tinking on your part, brilliant!

Comment

WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          Wings over lehigh"

loved going there,,,hot as balls but truely got to here the pop pop of the 1 week of camp,,and meet the players every step of the way....

"Glorious grunts and groans and the sweet music of bodies slamming against each other."
                          --------

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                            Wings over lehigh"

My son tells the story of how visiting camp (and having a catch with Sean Landeta) solidified his love for this team. Until that point, he kind of followed whoever was in the national spotlight. But getting up close and actually meeting players was a thing of beauty.

Comment

I do regret never getting to West Chester. The closest I ever got was one summer, working as an entrepreneur house painter. This one job involved staining a redwood-sided house, maybe 1/4 mile from the athletic field. As I stood there, precariously perched on the extension ladder, applying stain, and sweating my ass off, I could hear the grunts, the whistles, and the cheering. And I wished like hell that I could drop it all and walk over there.

Comment

Working...
                              X