No announcement yet.

Question for older (and any) Eagles fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRADUATED FRANKFORD HIGH SCHOOL 75. FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE WAS RIGHT IT MY TWIST EM UP SMOKEY WHEELHOUSE. FRAMPTON WAS WITH SKYNYRD THE FOLLOWING YEAR AT JFK.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I would rather go Humble Pie then Frampton for radio zubaz!
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I like it when he does the Talk Box thingy during the song.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
          I would rather go Humble Pie then Frampton for radio zubaz!
          Why not have both!

As Keith Richards says in the movie "Cocksucker Blues" "I'll have blueberries AND strawberries!"
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            I can’t see your link or image. I’m assuming it’s Peter Frampton from what others are posting.

I was single digits old as well (I believe you and I are the same age) when Frampton’s album came out. My first recollection as a fan is when the Eagles wore white helmets... Roman Gabriel, Harold Carmichael ( my first favorite player), Harold Jackson, Charlie Young etc.

I love the white helmets and would love to see that again!

lol...looks like Hawk from Buck Rogers
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Excellent!!

A little trivia- white helmets were from 1969-1973.

Comment

I would think that would cut into his list of showtunes he likes to play!
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I was just out of College teaching 7th grade science on the Blackfoot Res. in Montana.
                  I was a big Eagles Fan then, as now. Back then I wondered when would we win a SB, had worries 40 years later, and after all these years - Super Bowl Champs! The Greatest!

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    This and Cheap Trick’s “I Want You to Want Me” are the only songs I can think of where the live version is the only version anyone knows. I’ve never heard either studio versions on terrestrial commercial radio a single time in my entire life. Always found that interesting.
                    Original studio version was at a slower tempo, and had no talk box segment. Also no Leslie speaker effect on the riff intro.

I suspect he discovered the talk box and found that it worked well in live performance. In any case I prefer the live version in this case, which is rare for me.

But it does happen. I give "No Quarter" from Song Remains the Same over the studio.

--------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      Original studio version was at a slower tempo, and had no talk box segment. Also no Leslie speaker effect on the riff intro.

I suspect he discovered the talk box and found that it worked well in live performance. In any case I prefer the live version in this case, which is rare for me.

But it does happen. I give "No Quarter" from Song Remains the Same over the studio.

I have a bunch of live versions I prefer over the studio. Pretty much every song on both the entire "Seconds Out" album from Genesis, and "Fillmore East" from the Allmans are superior to the studio tracks. U2's "Wide Awake in America" version of "Bad" is another one.

Comment

Climax Blues Band live album is tremendous
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

AAHH, THE OFF SEASON MUSIC THREAD. STILL LIKE IT.
                          THAT YES SHOW AT JFK WAS THE POPPITH OF MY CHERRYITH FOR YES. HAVE SEEN YES AND VARIATIONS OF YES, ALMOST 90 TIMES SINCE. OBVIOUSLY I WAS IMPRESSED. MR. ANDERSON ALONE AT T.L.A. SO AMAZING. THANK YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

EDIT TO ADD. MR. SQUIRE, RIP, SAID THAT SHOW STANDS OUT TO HIM ABOVE ALL OTHERS. THERE WE'RE A FEW IN THE ROUND SHOWS AT SPECTRUM THAT STAND OUT TO THESE NOVICE EARS AS WELL.

NEXT UP, THE OFF SEASON BEER THREAD. ONE OF OBBIE'S FAVORITES.
                          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            I have a bunch of live versions I prefer over the studio. Pretty much every song on both the entire "Seconds Out" album from Genesis, and "Fillmore East" from the Allmans are superior to the studio tracks. U2's "Wide Awake in America" version of "Bad" is another one.
                            The more I think about this and have been listening to music over the weekend, the more I think you have a good point.

Midnight Rambler. Street Fighting Man. Get yer Ya-Ya's out. That whole recording is great. One of my favorites of all time.

Maybe I'm Amazed live from Wings is also better than the studio McCartney version as well.
                            --------

Comment

Working...
                            X