Eagles training camp tix available today at 10 AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles training camp tix available today at 10 AM

They’re free but the team encourages you to make a donation to support research to counter autism.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Watching grass grow requires no contribution.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Anybody been to one of these with kids (4&8), just wondering if its a good event for them, seems like it.
      If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

I USED TO TAKE MY NEPHEW AND GODSON TO WEST CHESTER BACK IN THE DAY. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO LINC FOR PRACTICE, BUT I'M THINKIN IT WOULD BE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR THEM.

WEST CHESTER WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY COOL FOR THE KIDS WATCHING THEM TRYING TO GET REGGIE OR CUNNINGHAM'S AUTOGRAPH WAS HOOT, SO MANY KIDS, THEY GOT SWARMED. GOOD MEMORIES FOR THEM, ME TOO.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 07-18-2018, 09:15 AM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

The 4 year old won't likely give a shit about anything but ice cream and popcorn ... the 8 year old might be more into it due to a more advanced interest in football ... however, it was a sucky borefest the only time I went with my son (he was in high school at the time)

In contrast, Lehigh was a pisser for three reasons ... you could go to TC in the day and minor league baseball in Bethlehem or Reading at night ... there was hitting in practice ... you could get closer to the field.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            I USED TO TAKE MY NEPHEW AND GODSON TO WEST CHESTER BACK IN THE DAY. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO LINC FOR PRACTICE, BUT I'M THINKIN IT WOULD BE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR THEM.
            I was able to snag 6 for myself my kids and my brother and his. They're free so if its boring I won't feel bad about leaving (or spending money on other stuff).
            If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

I can't imagine it compares to the Lehigh (or even West Chester) experience. Training camp was where the Eagles sunk into my son's soul. Watching the players in a setting apart from the stadium, the lights, and the usual trappings of the game made it more real. And being able to actually chat with players and get their autographs...it was an experience made for kids (of all ages).

The carnival was pretty cool, too. I'm not sure why they phased that out, but it was a terrific family event.

If I lived closer, I definitely think it would be great to see what the current camp/practice thing is like, even if the first one is on a Sunday evening. I hope you and the kids have a blast.

Comment

Working...
              X