Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Glazer reporting eagles have interest in Bell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Glazer reporting eagles have interest in Bell.

If it was lieconfora I wouldn't post anything but Glazer seems pretty well connected.

What I don't know if it's "well, we are interested for him signing at $20.00 a year" (so bullshit interest) or if it's serious interest.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

I’m guessing there are over a dozen teams who are interested

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      I’m guessing there are over a dozen teams who are interested
      eagles have been somewhat "connected" to him for quite a while though. I would assume their interest is more than "passing" but who knows.

I just don't know if he works with what they are doing (RB by committee and putting more money into the lines).
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Dear God let this happen

The guy is a beast. We need him for our offense to work and for people to think twice about teeing off on Wentz.

Comment

Run Game has been toothless since Blount left

Id be fine with bringing Bell in for a look, especially if Ajieeee isn't coming back.. they may have 1 splash signing and a RB could be it; with stud RB's in the Div "Elliot, Barkley" ect, would be smart to upgrade there. More ball control
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            The guy is a beast. We need him for our offense to work and for people to think twice about teeing off on Wentz.
            Bell makes the entire offense better. He blocks, catches, and runs at an elite level. If there is any player for Howie to break the bank for its Bell. I hope it happens.

Comment

Is there any concern that every Steelers RB has looked elite in that offense?
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Reminds me of many very good Denver running backs who skipped town...and dropped straight into a mediocre career.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                  Is there any concern that every Steelers RB has looked elite in that offense?
                  Part of that is they have a good line. If they eagles have a good line, then he should do well as well.

I personally would prefer that money used to potentially sign him be used on the lines and maybe linebacker as well as a speed WR.

Comment

that's a little different

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    Reminds me of many very good Denver running backs who skipped town...and dropped straight into a mediocre career.
                    The Eagles actually employ parts of that Denver/Shanahan scheme right now. But basically, that zone blocking scheme has built many a running back. However, the Steelers and Eagles both using a Power running scheme. I think Bell isn't going to be worth it and that most of the money will be used internally, but Bell would definitely be a fit and would probably be very successful in the short term.
                    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-07-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

If the Eagles have a good line, then a lot of RBs that won't cost as much as Bell should do well behind it.
                      Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        If it was lieconfora I wouldn't post anything but Glazer seems pretty well connected.

What I don't know if it's "well, we are interested for him signing at $20.00 a year" (so bullshit interest) or if it's serious interest.

I read an excerpt somewhere from a schefter interview that basically said "the eagles are in on all free agents, they always do their due diligence on every available player". Bell certainly doesn't fit the eagles recent rb design but that can change, I'm fine with it, I personally don't think he's worth what he'll want but it's not my money either. Howie can figure it out.
                        Last edited by Greenstealth; 03-07-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                          I read an excerpt somewhere from a schefter interview that basically said "the eagles are in on all free agents, they always do their due diligence on every available player". Bell certainly doesn't fit the eagles recent rb design but that can change, I'm fine with it, I personally don't think he's worth what he'll want but it's not my money either. Howie can figure it out.
                          I agree. If they did end up signing him then I would be happy, I won't lie. But I think they could probably just sign one or two guys at RB(murray, ingram, yeldon, some other turd) and then use the money for speed at WR (john brown) and then depth along the Dline or Oline.

I would like a LB but they don't value the position all that much so I can't see them going after Collins or anyone else for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            CJ Anderson says hello.

Comment

When the Eagles won the Super Bowl, it was the only time they ever had a team that closely resembled New England. Follow their blueprint. It still works!! Running back by committee is the better option. I never want a one workhorse back. Selfish running backs like Bell only want money and personal accomplishments, they don't care about winning. They will win you your fantasy football league but not a Super Bowl.

There is not a top free agent worth signing this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X