Frank Reich article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Reich article

Josh McDaniel really screwed the Eagles.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ns/2016851002/
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Gomer's still here ... what's the problem?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      So Big Balls Doug was really just a mirage...

Comment

Meh. Of course Reich and DeFillipo contributed to the title last year, but I'm sick of hearing about how much we miss them. Look at where their teams are. Would anyone here be psyched about being 5-5 or 5-4-1, and on the outside of the playoff picture?

Comment

Agreed but even if McDaniels hypothetically took the Colts job and Reich continued to thrive here, wouldn't it have still been inevitable that someone else would pry him away to be their HC?
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

He'll be here for 15 years. Chip made Lurie appreciate the stability that Reid brought, and Reid didn't win a Super Bowl.

It's pretty clear that aside from his aggressiveness, and being a player's coach, the dude's a fucking numbnuts. We need HC-caliber assistants to fix this team, not up and comers.

Eagles OC and DC should should still be an attractive position to head coaches who get fired this offseason. Bring them aboard, and things will get better quickly.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Doug's balls were real. But now they're on display in Indy every Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                You think Reich to Groh wasn't a huge downgrade? Or do you just think offensive coordinators dont matter?

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  It's pretty clear that aside from his aggressiveness, and being a player's coach, the dude's a fucking numbnuts. We need HC-caliber assistants to fix this team, not up and comers.
                  I am not going to geighback this but was Reich considered a good hire when Doug brought him on? He was fired in San Diego and I remember charger fans chuckling and telling me "good luck" when the Eagles hired him.

I recall Schwartz was the big hire and now we want his bags packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    Doug's balls were real. But now they're on display in Indy every Sunday.
                    I think he's a good play caller. Maybe not so much a gameplan designer. Pretty clear he getting no help from Groh.

Comment

I don’t really think Schwartz should be fired. The main problem with the D is they don’t play with the lead very much.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I hate Schwartz scheme...

never blitzes...play at the sticks...poor tackling...no one (even when we had Mills and Darby) know how to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          never blitzes...play at the sticks...poor tackling...no one (even when we had Mills and Darby) know how to cover.
                          Schwartz scheme works with the right players. The d line we’re monsters last year and it covered up all of the weaknesses in the secondary. Schwartz isn’t the problem IMO they got lit up by one of the best offenses this league has seen probably since the Brady and moss with a practice squad secondary.

The offense scoring 7 points against one of the worst passing defenses in the league with wentz alshon agholar tate and ertz is garbage.
                          Last edited by broadstreetparade; 11-19-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            I think he's a good play caller. Maybe not so much a gameplan designer. Pretty clear he getting no help from Groh.
                            Agreed. Doug isn't terrible with the right supporting cast around him, but it's pretty clear that he's been left on an island this season, so we're getting a look at his Reid-esque, no-imagination offense.

Comment

If we had lost Reich immediately (i.e. before DeFillippo left) do you think we could have retained DeFillipo as O.C.? It seems to that the timing worked out in the worst possible way. Though I have also heard that DeFillipo would have left regardless since Doug would have still been the primary play caller.

Comment

Working...
                              X