No announcement yet.

Phillies very active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shitty signing. Apparently, the 24-year old they have must have peaked. I'm not saying he's the answer but this move sucks.

I'm waiting for the it's-not-your-money post.
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I don't like the move either.

I didn't see this thread until a few minutes ago and heard about the signing in my car and my immediate thought was what you posted ... didn't these asshats just make that mistake with Santana?

My question to you though is what's your point about the specific post to which you answered "Exhibit B"?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Not a fan of the move but I'm so far out of phase with baseball... Kind of like the Santana deal last year... Whatever

Comment

It could end up being a shitty signing, but I don't think it's as bad as Santana was last year. The Phillies have much more flexibility with McCutchen than they did with Santana.
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

This was in reference to my comment 'Now we get to hear them spin those intangibles we heard last year about Santana.' Hearing he's a 'clubhouse guy' and 'at least he's not blocking someone' is not making this deal any better.

Comment

I don't know about his clubhouse presence but I don't disagree with the notion that at least he's not blocking a key player (emphasis on key).

Along those lines, what makes me more concerned is whether this is an indication that they're going for Machado and not Harper ... because McCutchon creates a logjam in the outfield, not short/third.

EDITED TO ADD: Ironically, I figured the move for Segura indicated they were going for Harper
              Last edited by slag; 12-11-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                Not a fan of the move but I'm so far out of phase with baseball... Kind of like the Santana deal last year... Whatever
                I want to give this the Trevor Booker treatment. I really do. Right now, I'll rank it up there with Toni Kukoc, Glenn Robinson, Chris Webber and seventh time we brought back Derrick Coleman.

Comment

Never said it was a good deal, just saying it probably isn't as bad as Santana's which you keep comparing this to. Would you say it's a bad deal if they were subsequently able to put together a package for Trout?

It also sends a message to other free agents to come get the $$$ while it's still there.
                  Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

For the record, I like the Segura move. I'm not sure how filling the shortstop position attracts Machado but this front office loves having players play out of position. I read the Phils were targeting a starting pitcher (Nathan Eovaldi) for the bullpen and with this front office that doesn't surprise me. I'm sure his agent loved that.

Comment

Not sure you understood what I wrote ... I had the thought that McCutheon signaled Machado over Harper and ironically previously thought Segura signaled the opposite.
                      Last edited by slag; 12-11-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I got it. I'm just saying I have no idea what this front office is thinking anymore. My gut tells me they are as bad as the Flyers front office.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          It's a shitty signing. Apparently, the 24-year old they have must have peaked. I'm not saying he's the answer but this move sucks.

I'm waiting for the it's-not-your-money post.
                          Nah, it's not a shitty signing.

He's better than Williams. Better offensively and defensively.

Santana was a bad signing because it moved hoskins to the outfield where he was garbage on defense. Signing mccutchen blocks Nick Williams. Oh no. Help. Murder.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I don't think acquiring Segura/McCutchen does/should have any impact on them signing Machado/Harper.
                            Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Realmuto appears to be up next...
                              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

They spent $50M for a declining asset. I'm not saying Williams is the answer. I'm saying they outbid themselves on a player they could have gotten at the trade deadline for a Single A player. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X