Radio Warz: Cuz (probably) shitcanned, Tardzetta in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Warz: Cuz (probably) shitcanned, Tardzetta in

Probably won't make Cataldi any more listenable.

Sports Radio is a cesspool.

Sirius is doing fine.... local sports talk is the absolute worst.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

is it?

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Sirius is doing fine.... local sports talk is the absolute worst.
      Now that regional sports are doing podcasts (Birds w/ Friends is great) - my local radio listening is near 0.

Comment

Sometimes I'll try WIP, or if I drive my old truck the ESPN affiliate out here, and it's just some of the worst listening ever.

It's not targeted to our market, but I think the product on Sirius, particularly NFL Radio is some of the best coverage out there.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I love Sirius. I was thinking about ditching it when it wasn't working for a stretch but I'm so glad I didn't. There are 5 or 6 stations that I can't do without at this point. Plus every game in every sport. It's the best.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yeah. It seems a bit ridiculous at times to be paying for radio, but NFL and MSNBC make up probably 60% of my total entertainment consumed any given day. They also gave Marky Ramone his own channel, which was a fantastic move. I think it's only on the app. Can't bring myself to listen to your boy Mad Dog.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Really?? Maybe he's an acquired taste from growing up listening to him and Francesa. They have a lot of good hosts on that channel IMO. Schein is awesome. Graca, Patrick Meagher.

Comment

That's just it though, sometimes I want the local vibe, especially during the NFL season. Other than Ray/MacNow on the weekends it's all garbage. It's amazing in this day and age with podcasts and easy access to media they can't find any local talent.

Comment

Sports talk is getting stale ... but I find Le Batard's show on Sirius ESPN to be something different and, thus, interesting ... despite issues I have with an occasionally annoying cooler than thou attitude, and his (and Stugotz's) perplexing genuflecting at the altar of that relentless nitwit Screamin' A Smith.

Schein's schtick grates on me a bit, but he's better than most.

And, for nostalgic reasons mostly, and a generally good guest line up, I listen to Russo (who still can be a stone numbskull at times) if I'm in the car when he's on.
                  Last edited by slag; 09-21-2018, 04:10 PM.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think Russo stinks on his own. He worked great with Mike balancing him out. Sirius should've brought them back together.

Comment

Russo is significantly better on his own that Francessa is on his ... if anything Francessa is more supercilious than before (and I thought that was impossible).

Wanna good laugh ... go to Youtube and search "Mike Zaun" and watch a few of his parodies, if you haven't already.

Comment

Er'ehhhhhh Mike -- Piazzer, he's not hitting well, ehhhhhh....let's go to Dave on the car phone, 'ello Davey!!?
                        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          Russo is significantly better on his own that Francessa is on his ... if anything Francessa is more supercilious than before (and I thought that was impossible).

Wanna good laugh ... go to Youtube and search "Mike Zaun" and watch a few of his parodies, if you haven't already.
                          Yeah I disagree. I haven’t listened since he came back this year, but I enjoyed his show for years when he was on his own. His battles with the callers, his tirades against the Mets/Jets, etc. Dog is just over the top with no one to balance him out and I don’t he knows all that much outside of baseball.

The Zaun parodies are hilarious.

Comment

I like Russo on his own, but they were perfect together. I'd love for there to be a longer term reunion at some point. Together they are great. Not good, ok? Great. They're Cornwallis.

I like Russo solo better than Francesa but either solo is better than anything on WIP.

Comment

Honestly ... I only listen to either of them when I'm in the car at that hour and that ain't often

But, in that limited sample, my general sense has been that Russo has more interesting guests while Francessa is hanging up on someone making a valid point that he won't concede.

Comment

Working...
                              X