Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Fultz Shooting

Finally has arrived on Players Tribune.

The entire video is a good watch with him and IT, but if you only want to see the J, the main clips of him shooting start around 15 min mark.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-isaiah-thomas

My immediate takeaway (as decidedly NOT a shooting coach) is that it's not perfect, nor will it be at any time this year, it's going to take more time and more repetition for the new shot to feel like 2nd nature to him. That said, it's much better than anything we saw last year and has no hitch, like he had even when he was at UW. If he has the confidence to shoot it and it goes in, so be it. Still looks better than Ben shooting a J.

I know I am stating the obvious but having to teach the number one overall pick how to shoot is crazy.

Comment

If he can create his own shot, he'll be alright, but that is a really slow set up/release, so his ability to catch and shoot before defenders close in is going to be really limited. I hope he can hit contested 3's.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
        I know I am stating the obvious but having to teach the number one overall pick how to shoot is crazy.
        I couldn't agree more. It's actually painful to watch. Both of their #1 picks can't shoot. Embiid is a better shooter than both of them at this point.

Comment

It's OK, Simmons' brother is teaching how to shoot...

I just think it is more of a confidence/mental hurdle for Fultz. The proof will be in the pudding when they start playing exhibition games. If he is looking for his shot - including 3 pointers - then all good. If not, then it will hurt.

I don't worry about Simmons. I remember seeing a quote from him in college where he was asked about why he doesn't shoot 3's and he said something like "why would I when I can drive to the hoop at will?" I think his natural talent will allow him to develop a decent enough shot. It doesn't have to be great, it just has to be decent.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Fultz is too immature for my liking. I know he's young but there's something he's lacking between the ears. He seems a little soft to me. I'll wait for the year to play out before I go overboard on him.

As far as Simmons, I don't see him retiring here. I recall listening to a interview over the summer with him and the kid still doesn't ever seem enthusiastic to be here. My gut tells me he pulls a LeBron and splits once he doesn't get his way. Unfortunately, he's not LeBron on the court. Maybe that will change. Yes, I know I'm in the minority with this one.

That's why Elton Brand was a bad choice. They need to fill in the gaps now before it's too late. I don't think he can do it. As always, I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Remember that video of Stauskas hitting like 80 uncontested 3-pointers?

I’m hoping for the best with Fultz but I think he should lay low on the social media videos. Last year was humiliating.

Comment

Working...
              X