Elton Brand New Sixers’ GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton Brand New Sixers’ GM

per Woj. Quite the rise for EB in a few short years.

Odd move, but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      per Woj. Quite the rise for EB in a few short years.
      My bad for the dup post

Comment

You would think a GM position for a team with these players would be in high demand. Josh Harris had to settle for Brand to be his yes-man. This front office is a joke.

Comment

Imo, it's Brett Brown's hand picked guy and strictly a FA recruiter. Puppet GM but he definitely can connect with a free agent which is ultimately what this team needs.

Of course lots of negatives major one being lack of experience.
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

They were pretty much denied permission by teams when they wanted to interview some of the league high flyers. Houston, Denver just to name two.

Comment

This team didn't need to settle for a puppet with a lack of experience. That's the problem. Brett Brown hasn't earned the right to handpick anyone. I still cringe when I hear 'star hunting'. I expected more but I am constantly reminded that Harris is a still a clown. Now is not the time to roll the dice on Elton Brand. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

It sure seems like Brown is still running the show. Who knows, Brand could turn out to be very good but it seems like a weird time to be handing the keys to a rookie GM who is, for all intents and purposes, being overseen by another rookie GM in Brown.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I find it hard to believe they couldn't attract a better GM. Harris's 'collaborative approach' turns real candidates off. Good GMs aren't going to come here to listen to Harris & Company. They want control that he doesn't want to give up.

Comment

I can't figure out what Elton Brand could have learned over the last couple of years that makes him a better option than a Mike Zarren? Did Colangelo mentor him? Perfect.

Comment

It was all about final say.

Sixers want to do everything by committee and the vast majority of candidates said, no thanks.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Agree
                        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Working...
                        X