Game thoughts from Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game thoughts from Nashville

1.It was great meeting with 3rd & Inches, EagleFanInMD, and Susquehannah at the tailgayte!
    2.There were a ton of Eagles fans. It was obvious to the Eagles players because after scoring plays or kickoffs, they would try to rile up the fans. It is hard to trust estimate, but the team had tens of thousands of fans there.
    3.The heat conditions onsite were brutal. There was no breeze or clouds. Fans were getting carted off or helped by first responders from heat exhaustion a lot from the 2nd half to the end of the game.
    On this point, I couldn't see if the team had brought any of the misting fans to keep the players cool on the sideline. If they had them, then I'm wrong, but Doug and the equipment staff weren't prepared for the conditions. The players conditioning shouldn't be an issue nor should the elements be an excuse, but the staff needed to do what was necessary to keep the players fresher. Maybe that would have led to a better outcome.

It was great meeting you as well. What a terrific place. Can't say enough nice things about the hospitality of the folks there. One thing is for certain: I'm too damned old for that town. My brain wanted to kick loose and experience more, but my body just didn't have the stamina. At least I had the experience of standing in line for KFC.

I think 3&I was feeling a little depressed at the picnic, though. He was probably pining for DQ's mom.

Comment

Working...
    X